Wednesday, February 20, 2013

School is TOO Cool!!



Jace's first day as an Explorer was successful! 

He is so used to sleeping until about 7:30 every morning that I felt so bad having to wake him up. 
I went into his room to wake him up and found him like this. 

I think he was cold and his PJ's weren't quite warm enough because at breakfast he was saying he was cold and needed a jacket. This constant weather change makes it difficult to figure out if we will need the A/C or the heater. So I switched on the heater...poor guy was chilly! 


About to eat some Frosted Flakes before school! 

I was stressing about leaving on time....not too early but not too late. I didn't want to get there too early since we were going to have to wait for the class to walk by on their way to the classroom to join them. And I didn't want to get there too late since Justin and I had to sign in so we can go with him to his class. 

This morning Jace decided to take his time with everything! Getting down the stairs, eating, taking his medicine, putting on his shoes, getting in his car seat.........EVERYTHING! 
I kept my cool.......I got Levi and Jace buckled up and we were off. 
Justin calls me and tells me to not take the usual way because then I would be in line FOREVER behind all the parents dropping off students. So I took the other route. Come to find out I was not allowed to make a left turn into the parking lot where I needed to go. I had to make a u-turn and still ended up in line. It just wasn't as far back as I would have been. Lesson learned - get there early or just wait in line (it moves quickly)!


Jace in front of the school
(he was mesmerized by all the cars and kids getting out of them) 



We checked in and wait for his class to come walking down the hallway. 
Once they class was coming down the teacher asked Jace to grab a ring in the line. He jumped right in! No hesitation, no whining, no shyness! 
We went to the classroom with him and all the kids knew what to do to unpack and get ready for the day.
Once in the classroom, Jace paid no attention to us. He was following his teacher and listening to what she asked him to do. Justin and I seemed to be a bit of a distraction for the other kids so we slipped out and left. 

I still needed a few more items for Jace like ice packs and cups to take for his snacks at school. 
Levi and I headed off to Target to shop! 
Once we got home I had some laundry to catch up on.....and I had the CUTEST helper! 



"Mom, are you sure this isn't supposed to be hung dry?"

Shortly after that it was time to get Jace. He came out the school with a huge smile on his face. 
HE LOVES IT! 
This makes my heart so happy! 


Today I got a note from the teacher about yesterday. Mrs. Bravo really is a sweet lady! 
After meeting her in the ARD I knew Jace would enjoy her! 


Even after day 2, he is SO excited about going to school tomorrow! 

And....for some cuteness.....look at my 3 loves!! 


My heart.....mush!




No comments: