Tuesday, July 12, 2011

San Antonio Anniversary Getaway

Our 4th anniversary was July 7th.
Even thought we were planning to not get gifts for each other, JB still had to spoil me.

All from one little mention about how I thought pink sapphires were beautiful and he gets me one

Ok ok.....I am not spoiled...I am well taken care of ;) 

We went to San Antonio for our Anniversary.......It was GREAT!
So relaxing and we had a chance to act like lovestruck teens ;)

We went to Six Flags on Thursday and rode all the big roller coasters. We quickly realized how much age can really affect EVERYTHING! We had fun on the coasters but noticed we could not handle them as gracefully as we did oh say 10 years ago LOL


Walking into the Park

Taking a quick break on a kiddie ride :)

Getting on Goliath....the one coaster we rode 4 times!
 After Six Flags we went to out hotel and mainly relaxed. Slept in until 8 or 9 every morning!
We have not done that in FOREVER! :)

We had no set plans so it was nice to just get up and do whatever we felt like and on no one else's time!
We took a quick trip to a mini golf course where I kicked JB's butt......for 4 holes.....he came back and beat me - but I held my own there for a bit!


Quick photo after Mini Golf

The main thing we took advantage of on our getaway, besides sleep, was laying by the pool and getting tan!

No glass allowed by the pool....so we sat on the balcony and tanned.....

While we enjoyed a few Dos XX

Mmmmm.......my cabana boy ;)
Now....THAT is a view!

The peacocks walking around the pool area
The vacation came to a quick end but we were ready to get home back to our little man. He had fun with Grandma but missed us too. Thanks to my mom we were able to get away this weekend have that important time necessary in a marriage! Thank you MOM!!!
And Thanks to Dad for bringing Mom over here and letting us "borrow" her :) We love y'all!

When we got back home on Sunday Jace got sleepy and needed a nap. JB was really missing Jace while we were away and this is what I found after JB went missing........
My two <3's
That night Jace was sleeping crazy in his bed......we saw this on the monitor.



This HAD to be uncomfortable so I went in and put him back on the bed all the way. I have been waiting for Jace to sleep all funky in his big boy bed :)

JB and I will get away again this weekend to go float the Frio (or attempt to). I have never truly floated a river so I am hoping and praying I will get a chance to!

Playing with the camera we caught some fun pics:



Riding my tractor!

Cheese!!


Lil Bit :)

 More mom??

ok enough....I am playing!

Ahhh...the BEST ever.....watching Buzz on TV!

1 comment:

Jenny said...

Holly, I'm glad you guys got to get a way for a bit to celebrate! Glad I came across your blog! I'll be keeping up with you now!

Jenny