Monday, April 25, 2011

Happy Easter!

Happy Easter from the Bryan Cousin's!!!!
(well half of the cousins)

Grant, baby Conley, Lincoln and Jace

Jace did great with his surgery on Thursday. They put in a new set of tubes and removed his adenoids all in about 30 minutes. The recovery took longer than the surgery itself! 
He was grumpy and pretty disoriented when waking up but that's expected since they had to do IV sedation rather than the gas they normally do with just tubes. 

We were instructed to only let Jace eat soft foods for a couple weeks after the surgery. I was NOT prepared for that at all. Apparently the scabs on the adenoids can come off if you eat sharp foods and that would cause bleeding, delaying healing. 
Since Jace was in a pretty good mood after the surgery we went to the grocery store to get a few things we knew he would eat. Jace LOVES crunchy foods so this soft food diet I knew was going to be frustrating. I just had to keep reminding myself that he WILL eat when he is hungry - Crunchy foods or not!  


Daddy and Jace playing with a slinky waiting for surgery

Hugging a towel on the way home from surgery - All smiles!

Not a face that looks like he just had surgery 11 hours before this!
We went to Lexington after the surgery and the next day we were working more on the barn. We were getting the floors clean so we can seal the concrete.
Thank God for my Beco! Jace took a long nap while I swept and JB buffed the floor.
Sleeping in the Beco
Saturday we went to Cade and Ian's house for a crawfish boil! YUM! The crawfish was some of the best crawfish I have had in AGES!!!
While we were there Jace sat down and saw Toy Story 3 on......he was mesmerized! He sat and watched that movie many times for 10-15 minutes at a time. The LONGEST he has ever sat to watch a show. I don't know if he is getting to that age or if Toy Story 3 is like toddler crack! LOL






Easter morning we went to church, came home, napped and then had Easter with Jace.
Jace's Easter Basket


Mmmm....Chocolate!

You mean all this candy is for ME?!?!

This time we actually got a chance to let Jace experience his first Easter egg hunt. He was not quite sure what to do at first but he quickly caught on that the eggs had candy in them! :)  



 After the egg hunt it was Swing time.....Jace's FAVORITE!


 This weekend was a lot of fun!
The downside was that I saw WAY more seizures in the few days than I have in over a month. I hate this and it breaks my heart! Its like we get one thing fix - his ears - and we have to face seizures.
I have noticed in the past that when his seizures are not well controlled he spits up. He was spitting up a lot this weekend and I dont' know if it was because of seizures or recovering from the anesthesia and all. Either way, spit up is gross, it stinks and its frustrating since I know that it correlates with his seizure activity.

As promised - here are the Easter and Family pictures that we took.






 
 

No comments: