Tuesday, May 31, 2011

The Crazier - The Better!

*pause music on left sidebar before watching videos*

Don't get me wrong...I.Love.Roller.Coasters.A.Lot. The crazier the better!

However, I do NOT like the medication roller coaster.
I called Jace's epileptologist's office this morning since its been 2 weeks and I had not heard back on his blood work. After realizing they were out of the office last week I finally got in touch with the office this morning. They checked online and they didn't see the results for the medication levels yet so she said she would call me back. Lunch time came and went and I was still waiting so I called back and left a message asking if we needed to bring Jace in or what. With the way his seizures have been going its progressively getting worse. We were very tempted to get him checked in for monitoring.
I got the call back from the nurse and she said the Banzel levels were back but the Vigabatrin levels were not. His banzel levels were 10. The therapeutic levels are 5-40 so he was in the therapeutic range but not in the range they would prefer to see with him being on the dose he is taking. So, with that they suggested we start to slowly increase his Banzel. We should see an improvement within the week and if we don't we are to call them back and let them know.
The good thing about this is we haven't been poisoning him with his medication by overdosing. Its not easy seeing the good in this situation.....I am pretty frustrated about it all. But I tried to be :)

All we can do is continue to pray, stay strong in our faith and know that He will bring us through this!
Jace is special to God and He has a GREAT plan for our baby boy! :)

Before we left to head out to Lexington Jace was watching part of the movie Chicken Little. A upbeat song came on and he was getting DOWN! LOL I didn't catch it all on camera but here is a short clip of his new moves
 

I love how he gets his arms going and then that leg starts to get away from him LOL

Crawfish in the Country
JB made crawfish this past weekend for the first time. HEB was running a GREAT special - $.99 a pound!
Too good to pass up so we gave it a try and it turned out incredible! Good job JB!

Saturday we had a visit from Marty and Roxanne (JB's oldest brother). Brooks and Lincoln came along and Jace enjoyed seeing his cousins (until he got fussy - the trend for this past weekend due to his seizures).

Snacktime with the cousins
On top of having a crawfish boil and visiting with family and friends we had a birthday party to attend for a sweet little 3 year old, Kylee! She is so precious and had a blast at her party - I think she likes the attention :)

Sunday we had a little family party out at Marty's barn and Jace got to spend more time with his cousins.
He is so curious about everything around him and had a blast exploring.
On our way out this party "Swinging" came on and Jace was getting down - he LOVED that song! HA!
As soon as the camera was on him for me to catch his grooving he got a bit shy but was still getting some moves in.

This morning Jace was riding his tractor and I put his cowboy hat on him.
He makes a cute cowboy......


and a cute southern belle :P


Tonight we went to Chick Fil A for dinner- Its ALWAYS a great day at chickfila.....
Jace of course wanted to go play and he actually went to the top of the play structure and slid down the tunnel slide! Last time he was there playing he was too unstable to climb all the way up.




I have to say I am impressed! I actually got a blog post in before 9 pm!!!
Of course now I have laundry I am behind on but I got a chance to post and get this out :)

God Bless and Good Night!
Or as Jace says it "Nigh Night.....MUAH!"



No comments: