Wednesday, May 11, 2011

The Best Mother's Day Present

Last week was Teacher Appreciation Week and I wanted to do something special for the two teachers in Jace's room at daycare. I had a few ideas in mind but I ultimately decided on the personalized clipboard. It was fun to make and having it been my first time making these I had to learn as I went. They were by no means perfect but you can certainly see that they were handmade and that's all that matters. I hope that other appreciate the idea of putting personal effort into gifts like I do :)
I know his teachers appreciate it and I hope they can use them since I know they write a lot during the day!

Front and Back

Pretty Flowers for the back

Purple Paisley with names and Jace's handprint
 I didn't want to leave out other teachers that do take care of Jace. It was hard figuring out WHO to make thank yous for since it really is a team effort at his daycare.
Jace has so many teachers he likes and I like every single one of them! So - to be fair I made cookies for Room 2 and 3. Since the rooms are only separated by a half wall partition Jace really gets to interact with the teachers on both sides.


I picked up Jace on Friday and had a cup full of kisses waiting for me :)
SO SWEET!

We spent the weekend at the barn and it started out GREAT!
Jace was all about playing outside and playing with Kitty - our new barn cat.




Meet Kitty- our barn cat

The view from our porch!

Saturday we went to a birthday party for Ansley and Cole. I had a headache but didn't think anything about it so we went and enjoyed the fun party. 


Jace got some neat sunglasses in his party favor bag.
For the first time in his life I was able to get them on him.....and then he put them on himself too!


I'm Cool but not too cool to pick my nose.......Grrr...BOYS!!

Stylin'

When we got home from the party everything started down hill. :(
Mother's Day 2011 will not be forgotten for sure!
My headache started to get more and more intense! Around 10 or 11 I told JB that I had to go to the ER or something. We had a friend, Joby, come out to the barn and sit with Jace while he took me in. They treated me as if I had a migraine which is what I thought I had. They gave me a shot of morphine and I was OUT and we were sent home. The problem was when I woke up the next morning from the shot my head was not any better and I began to vomit non stop so off to the ER we went again. They did the same routine, this time doing a CT scan and starting an IV. The CT scan was normal and my blood work came back fine. Once again I was knocked out with morphine and sent home. The rest of the day was a blur was but ended up back in Houston some time on Sunday and my head was not one bit better. I was getting very worried now. This pain was the worst pain I have ever felt and I knew there was something more than a migraine going on.
JB called Kristen and she agreed to watch Jace while we went to the ER. What a blessing it is to have friends and family that will help us out when we need it.

We went to Memorial Hermann in the medical center and after I think 3 hours we were finally seen. I have to admit that sitting in the bright room for 3 hours with the loudest people in the city when your head is about to explode is no fun! After getting poked and prodded more I had some relief to my head hurting and the doctors discharged me. They said they believe it was either some type of migraine or aseptic meningitis. There is NO way this was a migraine! This was a migraine on steroids! LOL
They sent me home with pain meds and told me to rest.
There was NO problem with that - that is all I could do.
 From Sunday to Tuesday I rested and slept A LOT! I have not slept that much in AGES!
I attempted going into work today and I made it  until about lunch. I ended up going home and sleeping more. I feel SO good after sleeping. This morning I had woken up and was like "YES I feel GREAT!" then an hour later I felt the exhaustion take over. Boo! I pray that tomorrow it MUCH better. I think it will be :)

I felt bad because I was so out of it on Sunday I think I smiled at Jace once and maybe said "hey baby" to him once. No interaction with my baby boy was not how I planned to spend Mother's Day. I also didn't get to call my mom until today. I was not feeling the best to talk until today. Even today laughing and talking too much seems to make my neck and head hurt.

I have to brag ........
JB stepped up and not only kept the "Daddy" hat on but he took over my place perfectly! I am SO incredibly blessed to know that he is capable AND willing to take care of our baby boy alone as well as we do as a couple. Just knowing that he did that and he didn't complain ONCE to me while I was extremely ill was the best Mother's Day present ever! Not that I would ever want to experience that again....but I am glad I did. I see how strong of a father, husband and man Justin is and I so proud to have him on my side in life!
God knows what he is doing! :)
There isn't much going on lately that hasn't brought Justin and I closer and I LOVE IT - even if it does cause me pain!  

This weekend is the Step Forward to Cure TSC Walk......If you are signed up to walk with us I can't wait to see you there! Those that didn't sign up but donated - Thank you SO much! It means the world to us! I know one day there will be a cure found and it will not only help TSC but other issues like cancer and autism!

No comments: