Wednesday, June 10, 2009

35 Weeks Down.......35 Days to Go!!!

We are set up and ready to go with CBR to bank Jace’s cord blood. They say this investment is either the biggest waste of money or the best decision you ever made for your child. I pray it is the biggest waste of money, but I like having this peace of mind that we have the ability to use this if ever needed.

Thursday I went and met Justin’s mom to pick up Casey, his little sister. She had planned to spend the weekend and following week with us. We enjoyed her stay with us but she ended up deciding to go home Monday. I can see how it is not THAT much fun to come hang out at our house for a week + when we work every day all day.

We had our Houston shower Saturday! Diana, Sara and my mom did a great job planning the shower. Even though the room was small it made it feel more intimate. They made me sit in front of everyone and was the center of attention but I had fun. I hate being the center like that but I sacrificed since they threw such a beautiful shower with yummy cake and food!

I don’t have all the pictures that were taken at the shower but here are the ones that I do have…..I may post more when I get them.
It was SO great to see all my family and friends….I even got to see Stephanie (I have not seen her since high school). I think it has been that long anyway! I love being able to get together with Ashlee and Diana again – it really brings you back to the high school days! My lovely ladies from work even came all the way to Spring to celebrate too!

The cake was DELICIOUS!!! It was from the bakery that my mom has been going to for years and they always are scrumptious!



We played a few games – one of which was “How Big is Mommy’s Belly?” Diana won that game! She was spot on!


Instead of having people buy cards to go with the gifts they got us books with notes written on the inside. This was just awesome! Jace now has a start on filling up that bookcase of his.
We were given so many great presents, gift cards and money that we are almost completely ready for his appearance.


We got two blankets that were handmade!! My Mimi and Lisa made the most beautiful blankets!!

Of course, Jace had to have his first Longhorn T-Shirt!!

My Nanny bought us our wedding topper back when we got married and for the baby shower she got us the statue that matched, but included the baby!

My mom loving up on Jace! Thanks to her, my dad and my Mawmaw we are getting a glider. They searched and searched for the one we registered for but it was out of stock – even at the warehouse!

Ashlee, Diana, Me and Stephanie – Reunion time! :)


Sara did an amazing job on the diaper cakes and decorations. She made two of them! They were both so clever and detailed! Her imagination is just incredible! The blue one even had Jace’s initials on it!





I got to make my last trip to Lake Somerville for the summer on Sunday. It was choppy and the boat was rough but it was so nice! I love to feel that water splashing up on me. I love to be out by the water, in the water, and around water these days! After the lake we went to a birthday party and celebrated there a bit. It was a dual birthday party for Brook’s and Justin’s dad. We only stayed a short time and we headed home. We actually went to bed early Sunday. It ‘s always great to be in bed early for the start of a new week.

We are starting to crate train our big dogs so that our backyard can recoup from them on the grass so much and also so they calm down a bit. I think being around us and inside more will really mellow them out. So far the first few days have been pretty smooth. Only one accident so far – but that is probably to be expected since they are not used to having to hold it all day like that. They seem to enjoy the cool indoors and don’t really hesitate getting into their crates.
In the very near future we will be putting laminate floors in the living room and that will also be great now that that dogs are inside more. The carpet can just really hold on to that fur! Can’t wait to see what it looks like when it’s finished!

We reached the 35 weeks mark – that means only 35 days left! SO far its flying by – I am waiting for the day where I hit the wall and start having to count every hour. Everyone says I will get to a point where it just slows down – hopefully that’s not too soon! Jace has started to run out of room for sure! A lot of his movements hurt me now – I don’t know if its organs he is hitting or what but it can get painful! I also can’t seem to get enough sleep – I am always tired. I try to take advantage of down time when I can while I still can :) It is very hard to do that since I am a go go go person. I think the main reason I am so tired is I am woken up by numb hands multiple times in a night. This pregnancy carpel tunnel is not fun – hopefully it goes away after Jace is here. I would go crazy if it continued for no reason! Plus, it has made it to where I cannot possibly wear my wedding ring anymore. I feel so naked without it…….only 35 days left! :)





No comments: