Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Jace Seems to Enjoy Where He Is....

I finally finished the newborn bear hat for Jace's newborn pictures. I can't wait to see that precious boy with it on!
Now if I can finish the blanket I started for him - I don't have much time to finish it, but then again I only have a little bit to go.

We ordered our glider on Thursday! It should be here by June 30th! We have a spot cleared for it and ready in the living room. I am sure I will spend much time in that spot.
Friday I went and had my highlights touched up - it needed it bad. It was great timing since now I won't need to go back until after Jace is about a month old. By then I may need that alone time and if not at least Jace will be old enough to go into public like that.
Some nesting seemed to kick in as well since I rearranged things that I already had set up :)
This weekend Justin stained our patio in the backyard. We stained it Redwood and it looks great. I will post pictures once the stain is set completely. Justin was not expecting the stain to be that difficult and was second guessing the idea about 3 hours into it. It took him about 16 hours to complete between the whole weekend and there is still stuff that needs to be done for clean up.
I felt so bad because I could not really help him out but I did keep him hydrated and had wet towels from the fridge rotating out to put around his neck. Poor guy - it was in the high 90's and had to feel like it was in the 100's! This Houston heat is rough already this summer!
After Justin finished the patio on Sunday morning Diana came over for a visit. It is always nice to see her. Wish we could see her more often than we do. Now that school is finished for a while for her we might be able to visit more often.
After visiting with Diana, Justin and I went to Babies R Us to finish shopping and getting items we needed for Jace. The shopping was not that fun since the registry there is not the easiest to shop off of. We only got discounts on items that were on the registry and were not bought.
I had my doctors appointment yesterday and it went well. This appointment the doctor checked for progress and tested for the Group B Strep. I should know the test results next week but as far as progress goes it looks like Jace enjoys it in here. He has not dropped enough to cause me to dilate yet. I think he has dropped just a bit as you can see in pictures but I can feel a tiny difference as well. This was the first time Jace moved around a lot for the nurse. She was trying to get his heart rate on the doppler and he kept kicking it and moving away from it. She finally got it and he was being hyper - 162 heart rate.
We scheduled an ultrasound for Thursday to check how big Jace is and to see that his positioning is actually head down. I am pretty sure it is - I get a booty across my belly and a foot in the side all the time :) If the ultrasound shows that Jace is getting to big then we will discuss induction. The earliest she will induce is July 6th - we will see what the ultrasound shows on Thursday.
My 36 week belly - its dropped just a bit. It will be neat to see how much farther this belly can drop since I already carry SO low!

I may post again after the ultrasound - if we get any news from it.
I may also post more pictures from the Spring shower and the patio after its been stained.

No comments: