Wednesday, June 3, 2009

No Doubt it ROCKED!

We started to make arrangements in the house to accommodate for a glider that will be added to our living room. Doing so has made me realize that our house is not that big – not that I ever thought it was, but I did think it was big enough until we started to add to it. Of course it will work out fine, we can work with what we have!

I finally got a chance to take a long hot bubble bath this week! It was MUCH needed after going on a bike ride with Justin. I thought my belly would have been in the way but I am still able to work around this basketball tummy! I was impressed that I was able to still ride even though the length of the ride was shorter than it used to be.

This weekend was the first weekend in a while that we stayed in Houston. We still had plans and planned to be busy but at least we were at home – I LOVE my bed! Saturday we had scheduled to meet with Joanne to do maternity pictures for her. These were pro bono and she will be using them in conjunction with our birthing and newborn session for advertisement. Since my doctors office has given me the permission to put her advertisement in their office she is going to try to use mainly our pictures. These pictures were only in the studio and much more skin baring than the pictures we did with Lauren. Hopefully they turn out nice and help Joanne get her business going. If and when we get a sneak peek of the pictures I will post some on here.
Since the studio was so close to Kemah, we had planned to stop by there since Justin had never been and it’s been ages for me. The session took longer than we expected and we were ready to get home to relax so we skipped Kemah. We may go there another time eventually.
When we got home I decided to start working on a newborn hat for Jace. Lauren sent me a great idea to make a brown bear hat for new born pictures. I hope it comes out nicely and fits his head. I have yet to make a hat that fits a baby well, maybe I will get lucky with this one!

Sunday was a day full of ups and downs! I was super emotional Sunday and it all started with the movie Marley & Me! That movie is not a pregnant woman friendly movie – and from what I understand almost everyone gets emotional over it. I ended up going a bit overboard with my crying but it’s nice to let it out too.
I did not cry as hard as I did when I watched Seven Pounds but I was close to it!
We watched the movie before church so once that was over we went to church. That was another emotional event as well. The pastor announced that his wife was just diagnosed with colon cancer. The timing of this was very significant to the message and series our pastor had been preaching on, so the message hit home for everyone there. I know all VERY well that God heals and with prayer Laura will make it through this battle.
That was all the downs of that day ... the up was going to the No Doubt Concert!!

No Doubt was the first concert I went to alone back in April 1997!! I was SO excited when Patti asked Lisa and I to go with her! She was given the tickets by another friend and I was privileged to be invited! The opening act was The Sounds – I have not heard of them but the music was not bad. The main opener for No Doubt was Paramore. They had a good show and the music, although I didn’t know all of it, was very good.
No Doubt finally hit the stage about 9:15 and the show started at 7:30. We were expecting a late night but not THAT late. I think I fared well for being an 8 month pregnant lady in the heat! The show was over at 11:15ish and we made it back to my house by about 12:20. Needless to say I was EXHAUSTED on Monday. I even came into work a little late to get some extra sleep but that really did not help. It was all worth it though – I had a blast with my girls and I was able to reminisce to when I was 13 going to my first concert!
Paramore on stage...


Myself, Patti and Lisa

No Doubt on stage ....... the smoke made the pictures hard to take!

I have started to slowly train the lady that will be covering my position when I am on maternity leave. I hope that I am able to hit everything that I do to show her before I leave. Things can be so random that I may not get to every details. I am confident she will do well, even if we don’t get to go over something.

I know my mind has been bad lately but wow I think Jace just plain ate my brain and left mush! I thought my next doctor appointment was scheduled for June 4th since all my previous ones were on Thursdays. I had forgotten we made it for today due to the doctor being out of town. So I got a call from the office telling me I missed my appointment. I would not have been so upset about it but now I can’t come in until June 16th since the doctor will be on vacation all next week starting tomorrow. I cannot believe I missed that appointment. This week was going to be the start of me coming in every week to see her so I was excited to know she would be checking to see for any progress but now that has been put on hold for another nearly two weeks. The good news is knowing that this pregnancy must be pretty easy since they are not concerned about me not coming until then. By the time I do get in, it will have been a month since I last saw her.

Here are my 34 week belly pictures….you can tell he has grown a little bit.
I am curious to see since I am carrying so low – what will it look like when he “drops”?
I don’t think he can get much lower than he already is.



My Houston baby shower is coming up this weekend - I am excited to see all my family and friends!

1 comment:

Alicia {Murry Mayhem} said...

Your getting so close!