Thursday, May 28, 2009

Less than 50 Days To Go....

Last Wednesday Justin and I attended a Breast Feeding Class at the hospital. I felt like it gave me some knowledge that I did not have before and will be very helpful. I plan to breastfeed and I am determined to make it work. The class was pretty late after work but worth the time and money. I went back to the doctor on Thursday for my regular bi-weekly checkup. Jace's heart rate was 154 and I am only measuring 1/2 a week ahead now. I am glad the growth has slowed down - I was worried for a while that we would end up with a 10 lb baby!


Thursday was also my sister’s birthday – she turned 20! That makes me feel OLD!!! She seems to grow and mature everyday! I am proud of her and glad to have her as a sister!


Justin’s dad got us our Travel system and we were able to put that together Thursday evening….I LOVE the travel system. It is gender neutral enough to be used for future children as well. We just need to install the car seat and get it inspected now!



The weekend was full and fun!
We took Friday off from work to go to Lake Somerville with a couple from work. I LOVE being in and around the water these days! It’s the perfect way to cool off! Justin had a blast wakeboarding and landed two flips - it has been a while since he has landed his flips. He makes it look so easy!
I have never wakeboarded - yet - I can't wait to try but I will have to wait until next year to try that out.

Saturday was the shower which I have already posted about - and I have to say Thank You again to the hostesses and the guests! It was fun and we got a lot of great things for Jace!
We also got the news at the shower that Drew and Sheri had their little boy – Brayden Daniel!

This was the last weekend we planned to go to Lexington before Jace's arrival so Misty and Derek invited us over for a BBQ. It was so sweet of them to cook dinner and have us over. We also got to visit with little Ms. Keely again. She is just so darn cute!! They have a heartbreaker on their hands! It is so precious how Trey is sweet to her. He is going to be a good big brother! Not only did we get to visit with Misty and Derek but Tierra and Matt came over as well with their little boy – Gabe. Seeing the two boys play was entertaining! They are in the stage where they play with each other but they don’t want to share….heheheh.

We headed back home early on Memorial Day. I know we will be back to Lexington after Jace is here but it was a little sad to think that was the last time we will be there for over 2 months! I love visiting Lexington – its take me out of the fast city life and grounds me. There is always something beautiful to take in there.
Once we made it home we cleaned and then decided to go grocery shopping and buy a much needed new laptop. It was an early anniversary gift for the two of us. Now I just need to find the time to transfer all the pictures and files over from the old laptop.
After we went shopping we set up the pack n play – easy to assemble but may not be that easy to collapse and put up when traveling. Then again I am not use to using it yet either.


Going back to work Tuesday after a 4 day weekend is always hard. What made the day was going to visit the new addition, Brayden. We brought over dinner from Chick-fil-a for the new parents and loved on the new baby. He is so incredibly adorable! He has yet to look like either parent yet but he does look like a cabbage patch doll. Those cheeks were too cute!


After a bit we headed home to find a package from Justin’s oldest brother’s family. I was excited to see what they sent and when we opened it we found our 6 pc. Bedding set for Jace’s nursery!! Thank you so much Marty, Roxanne, McKaley, Madison and Brooks! The bedding looks even better in person!!


Getting the bedding in set me on a mission to start setting things up in the nursery. I got so involved I lost track of time and ended up going to bed later than usual and even when I was in bed I couldn’t sleep – I felt like I still needed to work more in the nursery! I should know better since we have one more shower – after that I can really work on it. I know I will change how things are set up in there 5 times before it’s done and over with.
But the little bit that I did do you can see in the pictures…..








Only 7 weeks left – less than 50 days now!!
I can’t believe how time is flying!

I have been getting a new pregnancy related issue – I have been waking up at night to numb hands and in the morning they are SO swollen!!
I can’t imagine getting my rings on in the morning. I can get them on later in the day but in the morning my hands are horrible!
I am trying to drink more water to see if that helps but I think I will just ask the doctor what is going on. It’s pretty painful at time.
My ankles swell but that is at the end of the day after I have been up and going – this whole swelling over night and waking up like that is new. I know my blood pressure is normal so I am not worried about that. Hopefully drinking extra water will help out……..






No comments: