Wednesday, May 6, 2009

A Dirty Lexington Homecoming...

This past weekend was Lexington Homecoming!
It is a lot of fun even when you are sober. The experience is very different when you are sober, and this was my 2nd Homecoming in a row that I was sober for.
Last year I found out I was pregnant the first day of Homecoming so I was the "designated driver" that weekend! Unfortunately we lost that baby but here we are a year later and I am 10 weeks away from meeting this little one that is growing strong!
What else was different about this year was my belly was the center of attention Friday night. Anyone that knows me well knows I don’t like to be the center of attention. I handled it well but I honestly felt so out of it because it really was just...well... overwhelming. Thankfully I was able to get some entertainment from it because everyone there was well intoxicated and some of the stuff they said was funny.
Saturday we enjoyed the parade and then checked out the 1940 miniature replica of Lexington. It was really neat to see it all scaled down to size and what the town looked like back then!
I have been trying for 3 years to go see this replica and I finally got the chance.
After that, Justin and I entered the washer tournament. Since I had just learned how to play washers the week before Homecoming I was not good. Because of the lack of my talent we were eliminated pretty quickly. I think it was a combination of my experience and my back had been killing me. Since we own washer boards now I may be able to work on my skill. :)
Justin and I went and met some friends to go mudding. I had planned not to join and just sit and watch. When we got out there I realized that it was not that rough looking so I rode in Big Red. I was really excited to get a chance to join in on the fun since I have never been before.
We went back up to the square again on Saturday night and it was less overwhelming.
We sat around and visited with friends.

Big Red Muddin'

Dirty Big Red

The doctors office called me on Tuesday to tell me that the thyroid test came back normal!
I am so happy that this pregnancy is really going to smoothly so far!
I pray it continues that way too!
I have my next appointment tomorrow -
I will post about that if there is anything special that happens.

Jace has been very active this week. I think he is trying to keep me awake since the weekend wore me out. I also noticed that he has been getting hiccups everyday, even 2-3 times a day!
Here is my 30 week belly!





No comments: