Wednesday, April 29, 2009

A Slight Change in Plans...

We had a slight change of plans in the maternity picture plans but it seems we have it all figured out. A girl from Justin’s high school will be doing our pictures and I am so excited! She is absolutely AWESOME and I LOVE her style! I can’t wait to share the pictures after we have then done. We are still doing a session with the previous lady since she had chosen me for a promotional session and to help further her business/advertisement. Hopefully Jace will be here on time for her to do the birthing session since she plans to go out of town for 10 days just 3 days after my due date. What is good is if Jace comes later than we think then we really have not lost out since this birthing session is free for us.

I helped host a baby sprinkle this weekend for my friend Misty! She had a little boy on New Years Eve of 2007 and then found out she was 11 weeks pregnant in November 2008! This came as a surprise to them! Well she found out it is a GIRL so we had to throw her a small shower. Keely can’t wear Trey’s clothes and should not have to use boy things! Since they already have all the big items needed for a baby, this sprinkle was to provide them with all the girl stuff! Along with other items the hostesses put together, I made Keely a hat with a cute pink ribbon on it. The sprinkle was small and intimate but fun! Everyone was able to enjoy food, a few games and each other’s company.

My parents came over on Monday night. I had not seen my dad since my grandfathers funeral 2 months ago. He had stayed in Louisiana to help out other family/friends. Not only did they come over to visit but they came over and cooked dinner and all, it was VERY sweet of them. I walked in and I had some of the most beautiful Iris flowers on my kitchen bar from my dad. They cooked us a meal that is ALWAYS good – Choked Potatoes. We call is poor man food but it is so YUMMY! My dad also attempted to make me white chocolate covered mini Oreos – until the almond bark decided to go haywire on him. The few he was able to make were DELICIOUS! He is heading back to Louisiana soon to finish helping out, I told him he had better be back for when Jace is born! I know he will be – I still had to threaten him – hehehehehe




Yesterday Justin and I ended up with the day off – unplanned. It had been raining ever since Monday afternoon and it poured all night as well. It was enough rain to flood all of West/Northwest Houston. Since we were warned that morning by co-workers how bad the roads were flooded we waited to go into work. We attempted to go around 9:30 am and ended up turning right back around and going home. All the roads we could take to work were impassable and were being blocked off by cops and or cones warning you of high water or the high water itself. There was one possible way to work but all the traffic was going that way and it would have been another 2 hours (if not longer) of traffic to get to Katy Freeway; a trip that would normally be about 10 minutes away from where we had made it to. Once we made it home Justin started to install the nerf bars/step bars on the side of the truck since he had the time. Once they were on there, getting into the truck is much easier now. It was starting to become harder and harder to get into the truck comfortably. While he did that I finished making the other bootie for Jace. I had actually finished one Sunday but it was too big and didn’t match the first one, I had really messed up that bootie. After we decided to go pick up our rings from The Woodlands Mall since they were finished being cleaned and inspected. We made it to I-45 but as soon as we started towards the on ramp we saw nothing but a parking lot – there was high water on the freeway there too! We had to turn around and head back home – a wasted trip! When we made it back home, the rain had stopped long enough to allow Justin to mow the yard. As you can see, our unplanned day off was not very relaxing.



I can’t believe that the weeks are FLYING by like they are! Only 11 more weeks left until Jace is here!! That is 77 days or 2 1/2 months away!

Here is my belly this morning at 29 weeks!!







No comments: