Wednesday, April 22, 2009

In the Homestretch......

We decided to start working on the wall letter for Jace's room since everything else we can do for decorating has been done for now. We went to Hobby Lobby and bought some Modge Podge, scrapbook paper with football skin texture look and paint brushes. We had to make a second trip after deciding that this is how we wanted to make the wall letters. That trip we had to get the ribbon, more scrapbook paper (yeah - I messed up - oops) and alternative ways to hang the letters in case the ribbon didn't look right. Oh - and a new pair of scissors since the pair I had was from high school and were horrible!

Here is the finished product!







Friday I went to get my hair done - my roots were getting ridiculous! I wanted to wait as long as I could so that my roots will look good for the maternity picture May 16th and 17th without having to get them done again early. But I had reached my limit and had to take care of these roots!!! Since I had mentioned to my stylist about how bad my roots show she suggested we go just a bit darker on my lower tones and this is the result ...

I like it!


While I was getting my hair colored Justin went to the store for groceries and a surprise for me. Later that evening he surprised me with beautiful white roses!

He told me they were for making it to the 3rd trimester! What a sweetheart huh?

This is why I call him "My Sweets"!


My wedding dress has been sitting in Jace's closet FOREVER!! We finally went on Saturday to drop it off to be cleaned and preserved. We wanted to go to the Crawfish Festival that was going on in Old Town Spring but it was pouring and just plain nasty outside. All we were able to do was drop off the dress and then ride around and see what was going on - which was nothing!

I am glad we finally got the dress taken care of and I hope they can get the red wine stains out! We shall see in 2 months!

While we were in the area, we headed to the Woodlands Mall to drop off our wedding rings to have them inspected, cleaned and rhodiumed before the pictures next month.

They have to be picture perfect!


We had watched the movie Seven Pounds Saturday morning and I must say that it was an incredible movie! HOWEVER, I do not recommend watching it when you are pregnant or hormonally unstable! I cried so hard it was embarrassing! I literally could not help myself. It was a good feeling to let loose and cry it all out though - silly looking or not.


I started to crochet a set of sneaker booties for Jace (just like the ones I made for Ryker)
They seem to be easier to make this time. They are still a pain the butt to make yet oh so worth it! They are so cute!! Here is the first completed - have one more to go before the maternity pictures. I want to use them in a few pictures



Week 28 - Let see how much bigger I have grown...





1 comment:

Lauren Dowdy said...

who is doing your maternity photos?