Sunday, April 12, 2009

Baby Moon Time








Baby Jace in San Antonio!

The baby moon was a lot of fun! It was great to have the chance for Justin and I to get away on a little vacation before the baby comes. First stop was my doctor appointment, scheduled for before we left for San Antonio. This appointment was a check up and to do my glucose test. The only drink choice I had was fruit punch, and it tasted like flat Hawaiian Punch. YUCK! I had to drink that bottle within 3 minutes then wait an hour to get my blood drawn. In that hour I was waiting I saw the doctor and had my usual check up. I am still measuring two weeks ahead and the baby’s heartbeat was 155 again this time. I thought that the sugar drink would have had him going enough so we could hear him kick the Doppler but he was pretty relaxed – or maybe he was in shock with all the sugar I just threw into my body! That was A WHOLE LOT of sugar. I was feeling very weird after that drink! Starting this appointment, I start seeing the doctor every two weeks. My next appointment will be April 23rd. I told my doctor about the maternity pictures I am having and about the birthing session, she offered to let Joanne put up advertisement in her office FREE! It’s great that I can help her out more than we had expected! Not only do I get to model for her but she was able to get some advertisement in at this office now.


After the appointment we were off to San Antonio. The drive was pretty good and went by quicker than anticipated. When we arrived at the hotel and checked in, the front desk told us we had a message that said there was a package for us to pick up at Guest Services. I looked at Justin, thinking he had something planned, and he said “ Don’t look at me, I didn’t plan anything” So, we went and picked up the packages and found this basket full of goodies from Nathan and Amy! It was so sweet of them to do this – we had snacks and drinks for the whole stay. It was full of Gushers, Cracker Jacks, Jacks Link and Cheese, Keebler Cookies, etc……..all yummy stuff!

Once we got all of our bags into the room we went out to move the car from the front to the parking garage. We get in to start the car and it won’t start! I was on the verge of tears thinking our trip was RUINED!! Fortunately, it cranked up after about 10 minutes. We still don’t know what happened – it was on our minds all weekend wondering if the car would start or not – but it faired well and had no more issues. Anyways – on to the fun stuff – we had a blast sightseeing and spending time with each other. We went to the Alamo, a mirror maze (one of my favorite parts of the trip), Buckhorn and Texas Ranger Museum, River Center Mall, Towers of the Americas, San Antonio Missions Baseball game (minor leagues), dinner at Nathan and Amy’s, a smoke-free bar to play pool, on a River Tour and a horse drawn carriage ride. (not necessarily in that order)

River Tour

San Antonio Mission Baseball Game


Towers of the Americas


The mirror maze was one of my favorite parts – we went through twice, once with nothing special and the second time with 3D glasses on! What a BLAST! But my MOST favorite part was the massages we got Friday morning! We went to an academy and got hour massages for the price of half hour massages! Justin and I were pleased and think they were just as good as any other masseuse that is out of school! Since I can’t lay on my belly, I had to lay on my side the whole time but I was VERY relaxed! I think I could use a massage like that every week! I kind of wish we would have planned the massages for Sunday morning or Saturday evening because we did a lot of walking. It seemed that everywhere you go in San Antonio you walk to. However, I am sure that the massage made it easier for me to walk distances like we did. He took quite a few pictures but I will only put up a few on here. We also took a few belly shots for the shower invite that Staci asked me to provide her and there are a few of those posted as well.


The Alamo


Buckhorn Museum



Horse Drawn Carriage Ride


Tower of the Americas

Sunday morning we headed back home and relaxed for a while. We had gotten home around 2:45 so later that afternoon we decided to put together the changing table/6 drawer dresser. The instructions still were not great but going through the 5 drawer dresser before, it made it a smoother assembly.


No comments: