Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Eviction Notice Posted....

Today is my due date and no baby - not even a slight HINT that today he is coming! He seems to be WAY too comfortable in there!
I think he is being stubborn and is already testing his mommy and daddy's patience :)

I went to my doctor appointment today and my belly is measuring on time but I have not dilated or effaced at all. Even though I KNOW that means nothing since you can go into labor and dilate completely in a matter of hours, I am still discouraged. I just feel like some progress to be seen is better than NOTHING at all.

This past week I think I have tried almost everything imaginable to get Jace out of there! Walking, squats, red wine, relaxing, baths........you name it I either tried it or thought VERY hard about trying it. I was told about castor oil but I think that's one I will skip - if I am going to cramp I prefer it to be not intestinal and all contractions.

We have scheduled the induction for July 22nd if Jace has not come by then. We really wanted the 21st but the hospital is booked up like crazy lately and we had to settle with what was available. Since the 22nd is a Wednesday, I will start my maternity leave that Monday before.
This is the last week at work for me - unless Jace comes before the 22nd - and it feels weird to know I will be out for 12 weeks. I start work back October 12th and all I can think is what will I do with all that time? Its just hard to grasp the idea of having our baby to care for and that I actually get the chance to be able to do that 24/7 for the first 12 weeks of his life - no daycare, no caregiver..........I can't wait.

This is what a 40 week belly looks like! :)
Its big and heavy but I still love it.
I laid in the bath tub the other night just watching all the wiggling and squirming Jace was doing - I am really going to miss that when he is born. There is no other feeling like that and to watch it is pretty entertaining too.

C'mon Jace - everyone is ready to meet you Lil Fella! As much as mommy likes to feel and watch you, I will enjoy holding you in my arms MUCH more!

Mommy and Daddy can't wait to meet you!
We love you!



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

ohhh I know the feeling! When my due date rolled around, I was like ok, time for you to come on out! Another week passed, still no baby, then another... He arrived two weeks past his due date, the day before we had scheduled an induction. The anticipation is no fun, but you're little one will be with you very soon! :)

Stephie said...

It's been my experience (from friends and family) that once you schedule the induction, the baby is likely to come the day before it's scheduled. So you just might get to have him on the 21st after all :-) That hospital will just have to make room!