Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Week One

The first week with Jace was nothing anyone could have described to me. I was so full of joy and on such a high about having my sweet new baby boy in my life. But, along with that joy came sleep deprivation, pure exhaustion and pain from recovering from labor and delivery!


We were discharged to go home on Friday, July 24th......and our first pediatrician appointment was for Saturday, July 25th at 8:20 am. Jace was slightly jaundiced and since he had issues during delivery she wanted to see him that soon.

Justin and I decided that we didn't need help the first night so it was just us two. The first night was INCREDIBLY hard for the both of us! We all three cried and didn't sleep. Getting to the doctor the next morning was not easy but we had to go. Before we left we called my mom and begged her to be at the house when we got back from the appointment so that Justin and I could sleep some.


Jace's first doctor appointment was a blur - I was an emotional hormonal wreck with no sleep. The nurses were so sweet to us and helped to make the appointment go smoothly. Since my milk hadn't come in completely Jace had lost more weight than what his doctor wanted so we had to supplement with formula for a bit. Over the next day my milk came in and WOW - talk about pain!

After seeing a Lactation consultant on Monday morning as suggested by the pedi, we realized Jace was slightly tongue tied. She suggested having the frenulum clipped so we were going to discuss this with his pedi at the next appointment on the following Thursday.



We had visitors on July 25th......Nana, Aunt Casey, Aunt Misty, Uncle Zane, Cousins Shelby and Jordan


Nana and Jace



Aunt Casey and Jace




Jace at one week old.....



That soothie is almost too big for his face :)



2 comments:

Alicia {Murry Mayhem} said...

Oh girl! I SO know what you mean about your milk coming in! I thought I was going to die!

~Faithers~ said...

You've come so far since the 1st week!...Momma's "got it in the bag" now :) oxoxox Im so happy for your lil blessed family!