Sunday, February 6, 2011

Recruiting for Jace's Posse

There is an annual walk for TSC Alliance every year and since learning about it I decided this year we have to do it! I want to raise money to assist in finding a cure and I want to get more support in and knowledge about the disorder out! I set up my fundraising page Saturday and in this short period of time from then my goal has been not only met but exceeded with only 2 people donating! I was being fairly modest about my goal since this was my first walk for TSC. All I can say is WOW! I really am meeting and having people that really love God being brought into my life!
I have full intentions on going and participating in the walk I do have to point out that it is all dependent on Jace's surgery. If he has surgery before and around this date I will not make it. I still encourage anyone else that would like to walk and/or donate to do so. It would be great to still have a team there to represent for Jace's Posse! :)

Step Forward to Cure TSC - Houston TX May 14th
Click on the widget below to see my fundraising page or to join Jace's Posse

Friday we had a "snow day"........I wish we had snow but all we had at our house was ice! :(
I am glad that I didn't go into work because Justin said he hit ice on 290 headed to work and it was pretty scary. There were many wrecks due to the ice on the roads. I wish JB wouldn't have gone in but he made it there and back safely so no use fretting about it now.
Since I got to spend the day with Jace I wanted to test out a new recipe I heard about that was incredible - for adults and babies alike!
Here is the recipe:

Broccoli & Cheddar Cheese Nuggets


Ingredients:
1 16-oz Package frozen broccoli, cooked, drained, and chopped
1 cup Seasoned bread crumbs (you could try using baby cereal if you want, we know it works well with "baby meatballs")
1 ½ cups Shredded cheddar cheese (please use real cheese and not a "processed cheese food" product. Try tomato & basil cheddar.)
3 Large eggs or 5 egg yolks - Most pediatricians say it's ok to use whole egg in a baked good when baby is over 8-9 months old without allergies. We would recommend that you substitute 5 egg yolks for the whole eggs if serving this to those under 1 yr. Ask YOUR pediatrician.


Directions:
Preheat oven to 375
1. Lightly coat a baking sheet with olive oil and set aside.
2. Combine all remaining ingredients and mix well.
*Add seasonings if you like - garlic powder, pepper, extra basil & oregano for example. Add a fruit or veggie puree to substitute for the eggs if desired.
3. Shape mixture into nuggets or fun shapes such as squares or squigglies etc..and place on baking tray. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes, turn nuggets over after 15 minutes. Serve warm. Be sure to crumble these if your baby needs.
 
Jace would not touch them but he was not wanting to eat hardly anything this weekend so I could not gage anything based on that. The most amazing part of these healthy snacks is that JB liked them! He NEVER likes veggies....so this was HUGE!!! These are very yummy and I will make them again for sure!
 
 






I bought tickets for Justin and his friend, Buddy, to go to an event called "Born to be Wild: The Man Journey"
This was an event put on by the Christian radio station here in Houston, 89.3 KSBJ. My radio stays on this station almost 100% of the time. While they went out to that event Buddy's wife, Hannah and their 2 babies hung out at our house. Kaden, 2 yrs old, had fun playing with Jace and Jace LOVES having friend over! They also have a 2 month old who was a DOLL! :) She is such a great baby and makes having 2 children look easy!! Justin and Buddy said they really enjoyed the event and it was a good message.

I received my Valentine's Day gift in the mail on Saturday! I rented a Beco Butterfly 2 earlier last month and I was sold on it! I went through the same website and bought a BB2 of my own! The design is Lenka and is gorgeous! Not too girly but its not plain Jane either! I was able to use it a bit today while I was painting a board to make Jace's growth chart with. He was wanting to see what I was doing so I put him on my back and painted. :) I recommend the Beco Butterfly 2 to everyone! It is SO comfy and even my 27-28 lbs chunky monkey feels light as can be. Since the shipping took longer than it should have they threw in a little gift for Jace. When I opened the package I found a pair of Baby Legs. I have been wanting to get him a pair for the LONGEST time and now I have some. I have to admit - he looks so cute in them and he can be warmer running around the house without pants on.
Here are some pictures of us after I got it in the mail:










Are you ready for some FOOTBALL?!!? :)

TOUCHDOWN!!

Running to Daddy!


Jace playing on his Roller Coaster like its a slide.


Today we watched Super Bowl and had planned a feast. Thankfully we didn't eat everything we planned to make. About two weeks ago JB put together a menu of pizza, cheese dip, fried jalapenos, buffalo wings, cheese fries and potato skins!! YIKES that is a LOT of food!!
We only made the pizza, cheese dip and fried jalapenos before we realized we just can't eat like that anymore! We pigged out but not to the point that we were miserable!

I hope to see some of y'all in MAY!! :)

No comments: