Monday, February 14, 2011

It's Simply the Little Things


I saw this shirt and thought it was PERFECT!
 I HAD to get it for him for Valentine's Day.
I figured its great for today but also he can continue to wear it past today.
 Ok - I HAVE to brag and say he is so stinkin' CUTE!!!

He let me style his hair with mousse and all to get the fauxhawk going!
It's the little things that make me happy! 


Thank God he still has those baby cheeks or he would look TOO grown!

Its the little things about life AND Valentine's Day.
Its the phone call from Justin 2 mins after he left for work to tell me Happy Valentine's day.
 Its the realization that you have friends that just understand you being in that kind of mood.
Its being boxed in a parking spot to have someone step in and say they will get the owner of the car to move it so I can get into mine.
Its knowing that family and friends are always there even when their lives are so hectic.
Its Justin appreciating the Valentine's card I slipped in his lunchbox to find when he ate lunch.
I could go on and on......Its simply the little things :)



Friday Jace and his daycare had their Valentine's party. I signed up to bring the cupcakes. I have been wanting to practice making cupcakes since I will probably do those for his 2nd birthday this year.
Here is my work:


The white icing I used for the hearts was not easy to work with. As you can see some of the hearts look like they are melting down the sides of the cupcakes. They for sure look like an amateur did them! :) I also didn't learn how to make the frosting smooth on the cupcakes until AFTER the fact. I will have to practice more before Jace's birthday. Nothing wrong with making cupcakes to share with the daycare for all the "un-birthday's" right?

Speaking of food - Jace DOES like my spaghetti! He LOVES it actually.
He completely devoured it and wanted "MORE?"
Oh so fun but he is so messy with it!
Lil bit LOVES when Jace eats foods like this.



Last week we had the concrete poured for the barn and they put the doors and windows in the framing.

After concrete was poured

JB put our initials on the porch :)

Getting the windows and doors installed
Today they are putting the tin on the sides and roof up....then tomorrow the water and electricity will be started!

I found a STEAL on Amazon for new shoes for Jace. He has been wearing his shoes out lately and so I had been looking for some new ones hoping to find a good deal. I came across some Stride Rite shoes and they were $47!!! YIKES!! I clicked on his size and lo and behold they were $16!! Only Jace's size was being sold for that cheap. I jumped all over that deal and bought them! They are CUTE and wide width so they fit his feet MUCH better than his other shoes were.



Saturday I went to see Baby Tanner that was just born last week. He is SO cute and his older sister Kylee is so good with him. Staci and Adam make having two children look so EASY! 
I didn't want to go to visit the new baby empty handed so I made him a hat.......which was WAY too big but he will grow into it :) 

Jace was loving up on Papa Bryan big time this weekend! :)


Saturday night we took the Schumperts out to dinner since Derek has been helping us big time with the barn!
We went to JW's Steakhouse in Carmine, TX and it was GREAT! We had 3 toddlers at dinner and everyone's eyes on us! Kids will be kids and I think older people forget that! Grrrrr.....oh well it was quite entertaining to see some of the glares we got.

Yesterday Jace and I went to his cousin, Ryker's birthday party. They had it at a place called Itty Btty City in Katy. It was so cute! The whole place was childproof, nothing but playing area, and the kids had a BLAST! It was like a McDonald's play area with the tunnel slides and jungle gym. There were a few small slides and climbing areas for the smaller/younger kids. Jace went down the big tunnel slide once but kept to the small slide, hula hoops and the cars. I wish I had taken pictures but I didn't. I know some people at the party did.
I hope they share them with me!

This Friday we have Jace's follow up appointment from him being sick and its also his 18 month check up that we had to reschedule since he was SO sick last time.
Then the following Monday, Feb. 21st, is our appointment with the epileptologist. It seems like time flew by yet its dragging to get to this appointment. I am tired of not know when or how they are going to do surgery. Its so hard to plan for things to do this year when I don't know when we are going to have to do this.

Jace's run is SO cute....he tries so hard to lift those little legs and get going.
This isn't the best video of it but it will do for now :)



Since I can't just leave the end of this post without more pictures I must point out how much Jace is starting to look SO much like Justin!!


No comments: