Sunday, January 22, 2012

Oh Baby Shower

This weekend was Ashlee's baby shower!
I was a hostess although after getting there I realized I didn't help much at all! 
The shower was beautiful and so cute!

Here are a few pics of the shower


The tree was covered with baby items! This is such a cute idea!


Besides bringing chips and a 5 layer dip, I made a diaper cake for the shower.
I feel like I didn't really help "host" at all - that's ok though.
Ashlee had a fabulous shower and that is what matters!


I made Ashlee's gifts from inspirations on Pinterest.
I made a car seat canopy with a peek a boo window and some burp cloths.



I was getting my tissue paper and a gift bag from my closet so I could wrap the gifts up.
I turn around to leave my closet and I see that Jace threw two of the burp cloths in the toilet!!
This is the first thing he has EVER thrown in the toilet.
So....I of course had to wash them. I kind of wish I had washed them before sewing because the fabric laid on them differently after washing them. They did not turn out as great as I had liked but they are functional! :) 

If you asked me 10 years ago if we would be pregnant at the same time I would have said I don't think so.
I am excited we get to share this special time with each other.

JB was out of town with a few buddies hunting and there was no way I could really help host a shower (much less enjoy the shower) with Jace. He got to go spend the day with his Aunt Mitty and Uncle Zane.
He really enjoyed him self and didn't want to come back home with me - that was a little heartbreaking.

I finally decided on the fabric for the nursery!
Its pretty neutral and I can easily add pink bows later if June Bug is a girl.

The crib skirt will be green and the paisley fabric (with chocolate piping)


and the curtains with be chocolate and paisley fabric (with green piping)


I think its going to be GORGEOUS! I need to get started on cutting it before I get too big to get down on the floor to cut fabric! LOL

On Saturday Jace helped me make pancakes. He loved to watch them bubble up while they cooked!
And I loved to hear him pick up the new word "cancake" (pancake).
I am amazed more and more everyday when he has a new word that can be understood clearly.



I noticed this evening that he is starting to say short sentences. They are VERY simple but still!
Just 2 months ago he was barely learning new words and now he is putting sentences together like:
"That is a tractor" or "Theres the star"
Its not the clearest but we understand him!
This makes my heart just fill with joy. We are so blessed! As each day passes I feel more and more confident in the choice we made to go through with his surgery.
Yesterday made 2 months since his surgery and today makes him 2 1/2 years old!

Jace loves to see how big he is and standing by his growth chart. I never mark unless I see a difference.
We don't really have a set time that I check it....just as he feels like it. I do try to mark his birthday and 1/2 birthdays on there.



He is ALMOST 3 feet tall!
Ok he has 2 inches to go but look how much he has grown in the past 6 months!

I forgot to post about this last week.
Jace's PT reevaluated him and said we don't have to use the braces anymore!
YAYAYAYAYAY!!!!!
She will come back to see how he is in 3 months (unless we need her before then).
In 3 months she would like to see some of an arch starting on his foot. He is still pretty flat footed - not unusual at this age which is why she wants to see he is progressing as he should.
His right foot is BARELY turned in more than the left but she said if she was not LOOKING for it no one would see. He is no longer clumsy like he was before and his legs really have straightened after surgery.
Honestly its hard to tell if it was the surgery or the inch he seemed to grow the past few months!
Either way we will take it!

He also started back with Speech therapy. She is pleased with how talkative Jace is. He is much more focused for her and retains more. This I KNOW is due to surgery!
I am excited to see his progress with his speech therapy!

No comments: