Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Sew Busy!


Today was another check up with my OB. Everything is going well.
The heart rate was 142.....from what I can recall Jace's heart rate was in the 160s. 
I didn't find out what my belly measured this time but its not really important anyway ;) 

The next appt is in 2 weeks and she will check to see if I have dilated at all. 
To be honest, with all these contractions, I will be surprised if I have no progression at all. 
Then from then on out I will be seeing her weekly - I can't believe its getting THAT close! 

With Jace I carried him so low that I never got the chance to utilize the belly......
....this time I get to use it to put my milk on for my cookies. :) 

This past weekend Justin planned to take Jace to Lexington so I could stay home and sew. 
Jace loves to be with his daddy and go to the barn. 

Jace gets to ride in the truck with Daddy......like a big boy!

Jace realized that he can ride along on Papa's chair! LOL 
Justin told me he would ride then tell Papa to "stop" and get off. 


JB always works himself to the max in Lexington. 
Beside mowing he had dirt hauled in to level out the sides of the barn's slab. 
Doing this AND chasing after a toddler all weekend - he was pooped! 
Its a blessing that he works so hard but sometimes I wish he could just lay back and relax. 



On the way back from Lexington they stopped to see Nana, Casey, Aunt Mitty, Uncle Zane, Shelby and Jordan. While he was there he got another Easter basket from Aunt Mitty! 
He loved it all! 


While they were in Lexington I stayed home to sew.
Beside sewing I made it a point to go see Ashlee's new baby boy! 
Aren't they both adorable!? 


I had most of the fabric cut but the HUGE curtains I hadn't touched yet. 
I was kind of dreading them because they were HUGE!


Look at ALL the fabric!!


I guess this can be considered very early (in-utero) sewing lessons! 
Cutting fabric and sewing around this tummy was not easy. 


It's amazing to me that I have not been sewing for even a year and I created a crib skirt from just those three items.......





I made the crib skirt where it connected with velcro. Easy to remove and was even easier to sew. 
I will admit - after this project I am over piping and sewing for a little while! 

Other than the trip I made to see the new baby I was at the sewing machine NON-STOP! 
I was calling our bedroom The Bryan Sweatshop......with the lamp, sewing machine light and the iron on it was WARM in that room! 


The curtians were brown, green piping and the gorgeous paisley fabric! 


I decided after hanging the curtains that I need to sew some pull/tie backs as well. 
I will be making those with the left over paisley fabric. 

Since crib bumpers are not safe and I don't like to use them I didn't even waste my time making them. 
I will be using the breathable bumper that we used for Jace as well. 

The room is almost done. We just ordered the giraffe decal below to put next to the crib. 
I LOVE how the giraffe is peaking into the crib :) 
So sweet!! 




No comments: