Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Bye Bye Piggies!

Yep - its that time ......they are slowly disappearing! 

I went in for a check up today with my OB. June bug's heartbeat is still in the 140s (142 bpm).
I am still measuring ahead 1.5 to 2 weeks. Dr. Cole remembered that Jace measured ahead like that. He was 8 lbs. 3 oz. when he was born and I told her I was an 8 lb baby as well. I may bot be a big person but I seem to just make big babies :) 
I mentioned to her the cramping feeling I had last week and some this week. She said that it was ok as long as it was sporadic. If there is a rhythm or there are other "things" that go on then I need to go in. 
If not, I go back in 2 weeks for another check up. 


Jace's follow up EEG and MRI has been scheduled for April 26th. 
I am probably more excited about this than I should be! 
I am excited that this EEG will show no more seizures and we will get to wean him from his medications.
I am asking for our prayer posse to keep this in prayer. I want the results of these tests to come back SO great that only glory can be given to God! 

Today was Jace's 3 month eye check up. I was worried how well he would do with the eye drops and the exam since he is MUCH more aware of everything now. He did INCREDIBLE!!! 
I told the doctor that Jace's eyes water BAD sometimes when he watches TV. I mean it looks like has bawling sometimes! I was concerned and hoped it was not a vision problem and was allergies. 
He checked his focusing and it was fine.....then asked if Jace would allow him to use the slit lamp on him. 
I was not sure but I figured its worth a shot! 
This is the slit lamp:

Jace actually let him use this! I was so proud that he was a big boy and let him check his eyes with this. 
He could tell with this exam that his eye issue is indeed just allergies. He wrote a prescription for allergy eye drops and we were sent on our way. I decided to get back on the Zyrtec before using the eye drops. If its allergies it means that the random running nose and all need to be treated as well. Since the eye allergy is not bad and Jace's eyes are never red I wanted to do something to handle the full picture. 
Starting the Zyrtec again tonight made me realize that I think Jace is still traumatized from unusual syringes. 
I tried to use a CVS syringe and not the one from the specialty pharmacy for his typical meds and he freaked! I had to use the syringe we always use and even then he was NOT happy about taking anything but his regular medication. 


Jace saw some blocks in the store when we went grocery shopping last Friday. 
He was so excited about them that Daddy got them for him! :) 


Showing his blocks off :) 


This past Saturday we went to Justin's sister house for a crawfish boil. YUM! 
They had a vintage rocking/bouncing horse and Jace LOVED it! 



Jace asks almost everyday for "Baf" (Bath)......not just any bath but a bubble bath! 

We play with his foam letters in his bath all the time and he knows a few letters like M and O. 
But he surprised me and he said "ax" and sure enough he had the letter X! 
We hadn't even gone over that letter at all during the bath or even that day! 


I stuck the X on his belly and we took a picture :) 
This is his new serious cheese face! 
He takes his picture taking serious! LOL

No bubbles tonight but the ones that Jace was blowing LOL 
 




No comments: