Friday, May 4, 2012

Test and Tractors!

We took Jace for his EEG and MRI on the 26th. He did VERY well considering he couldn't eat anything before. They have to sedate him for the MRI so he needed to have an empty tummy. 
Since the sedation can skew EEGs we had to do it before the MRI. 
This was just a routine EEG (20 mins of monitoring) and not a 24 hour EEG. 
This meant no yucky glue that takes days to weeks to come out. 

He was a little upset but quickly relaxed and watched his movie. 

After the EEG we had to wait for the MRI.......Thank goodness for portable DVD players! 




Gotta watch the movie all the way from waiting to the MRI area

Waking up from the MRI was not fun at all.....but at least I have my mommy and daddy! 

This past weekend we went to the barn. 
Jace got to help Daddy do some work on the land.

Helping shovel dirt to level out some areas.....

...and doing some tractor work! 

I was so excited after watching Jace sweat this weekend......his curls are coming back! 
Oh how I missed those sweet curls! 


I am not sure if its the looming change of the new baby or Jace just hitting THAT age.....but its been rough! 
The tantrums have been kicked up a notch from almost non existent to non stop.
A lot of the behaviors have been towards me. He either wants nothing BUT mommy or he wants to hit me. It's calmed down some this week - or maybe we are getting better at avoiding or calming them. 


We went to see Dr. Tandon, Jace's neurosurgeon, to follow up on the MRI. 
Waiting for the doctor Jace was playing doctor and checking the files on the computer ;) 


We got to see the MRI pictures and its amazing to see how much of the brain was actually removed. 
I asked if we can treat Jace like a normal child rather than being cautious about his head and we can. 
What a relief it is to not have to treat him like he is fragile anymore. 

Dr. Tandon discharged us from his care. We don't have to see him ever again. 
This is bittersweet. Its not typical to have a surgeon with such incredible bedside manner! 


Dr. Tandon and Jace! 


June Bug had an appointment this week as well. 
I had my Strep B test done and then was checked to see if I had any progress happening. 
I was told that I am dilated about a fingertip. That is not much considering all the contractions I have had for months now. However, it is WAY more than I ever had with Jace! LOL 
This baby also has not dropped yet so I trying to sit on the exercise/yoga/birthing ball as often as possible to help get that baby locked and loaded! 

Next update I will post about the Zoo trip we had today and the Step Forward to Cure TSC Walk tomorrow! FUN but a BUSY weekend is ahead of us! 


No comments: