Saturday, February 21, 2009

Frogs and Snails....and Puppy Dog Tails - That's What Little Boys Are Made Of

We are having a BOUNCING BABY BOY!
And to think of how many people thought we were having a girl!
I even thought it was a girl - until my dream a few nights before the scan.

I wanted to tell the grandparents in a special way so I decided to make cupcakes filled with Pink or Blue.
Since Friday was a BUSY day I made the cupcakes before the ultrasound and just made half pink and half blue. I had fun making them - it was messy but fun!

Here are the cupcakes and the filling - just filled the cupcakes....


Here are the frosted cupcakes to cover up the filling holes........which are pink and which are blue?!?!!? Don't worry - I knew which were which......


Here are the cupcakes with the final decorations.......Pink and Blue Question marks!


The Grandparents each got a cupcake and had to bite into them. This is what they saw........BLUE!!!!!


Even though I did not NEED the pink I was so glad I hung on to the pink food coloring I used for our wedding!


I honestly thought making these cupcakes filled and decorated would have been more difficult but it wasn't. I was surprised at how easy it was to make them AND make them presentable. Don't get me wrong - they were not the most professional but it was WAY past my bedtime and after a LONG day at work when I decorated them!




Here is Baby Bryan's Profile Pictures!





Unfortunately, these are the only two pictures we were given.


For those of you that still watch Grey's Anatomy you will know what I am talking about here - our ultrasound tech was not the most people skilled person. She was very much like the Cardiology Surgeon on Grey's Anatomy - if that character were real I would have thought she was her sister!



Although I was a bit disappointed with her - I was also very grateful to have a tech that was great at her job and cared about doing her part properly. She was very meticulous about the measurements she was getting and making sure she had the proper angles, etc.

About ½ way through the scan I was CRYING in pain from my bladder feeling like it was about to explode. So, the tech finally let me go to the bathroom. Before I went the baby was transverse – head to my right hip bone and feet to my left hip bone……we were able to get a PERFECT shot of the boy parts. We actually saw them within the first 3 minutes of the scan. Well after I went to the bathroom, the baby turned breech (feet down) and stayed there through the end. When she went back to get us our pictures she had trouble getting to the area that showed he was indeed a boy. Little man decided to cross his leg in front so she couldn't get a good view to take the picture and print out for us.


Y'all will just have to take our word for it - he IS a boy! There was no denying that!
Thankfully we were able to see what he was when we did - had he been breech when we first got there I am not so sure we could have gotten the shot we needed to know for sure.

Our appointment with the doctor is Thursday! Apparently I was measuring ahead on the scan so I will see what the doctor says - we may be moving the due date to July 5th. We will see!!

I will update on Wednesday with my 20 week belly picture and then again after the appointment on Thursday!

1 comment:

J.D. said...

Great way of telling your family! I had to call my mom as soon as we walked out of the place...I'm so impatient!
Our baby just layed there with her legs wide open & we were definitely able to tell we were having a girl! (I really thought we were having a boy tho). We were lucky enough to get a good picture but it looked much clearer on the screen.