Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Only 2 More Days Until We Find Out the Sex...

So the title reminds me of a question someone asked when we found out we were pregnant and just started telling people that we were expecting........Justin had not spoken to this friend in a long while so when we told her we were expecting she asked "Do y'all know sex?" Well, having the question worded this way made me want to crack back and answer “well obviously we do, or else we would not be pregnant!” hehehehehe……….

Ok, anyways – there was not too much going on this past week other than Justin being vilely sick and I started to feel the baby move more and more (on a schedule it seems like too). I hadn't really even grown this week - I can tell by my appetite too. The past few weeks I have been a bottomless pit but this past week my appetite is lower than my normal pre-pregnancy appetite.

Lately I have been sleeping so hard nothing can really wake me in the night, which by the way – at the moment is AWESOME! Well Thursday morning I wake up 10 minutes before my alarm goes off to hear Justin roll over to the side of the bed, clear his throat and spit! I was angry because 1) I had woken up to something like that before I HAD to wake up and 2) I thought he just rolled over and spit on the ground next to the bed. I honestly thought he was dreaming and spit in his sleep. That was not the case – I woke up (reluctantly) and asked him “Did you just spit on the floor?!?!” just as I rolled over to see there was a trashcan next to the bed. Then I thought oh maybe he had a migraine – but he responded back and told me he had been up and down to the bathroom just so sick. I felt very bad after that because in my mind I had jumped to conclusion thinking he had just spit all over the wall on his side of the bed and that I had not heard him in the night so that I could get up and help him out. (I just pray that I don’t sleep this hard after the baby comes – I use to NEVER sleep this hard! ) I woke up and got ready for work and tried to help Justin out the best that I could so that he would be as comfortable as possible on his own when I was at work. I was also as careful as possible to not contaminate myself with what he had. At work that day I went to eat lunch with some co-workers at Lupe Tortilla and I had planned to go to a jewelry party that evening but with him being THAT sick I felt I should care for him AND disinfect the house. I went home that night and when I went to bed I started with tummy aches then I was up and down to the bathroom all night long. The first time up I just thought it was the food I had for lunch at Lupe’s but after the 4th and 5th time I KNEW it was not lunch. I still went to work on Friday and I felt so tired from having horrible sleep the night before so I went home early and napped for 2 hours. Justin was still badly sick, and he seemed to get better on Saturday. I still am not completely sure if it was lunch or if I had caught what he had and my body was able to fight it faster and more efficiently than Justin. Supposedly it is very hard to get sick when you are pregnant – so I really think my body took that virus and handled it with super powers!

I hope everyone had a great Valentine’s Day!! We didn’t do much since Justin was so sick! I felt so bad for him – poor guy was laid up for days!!

Here are a few belly shots for this week……Friday the 20th we will know if it’s a boy or girl!! I will post about that and how we told the soon to be grandparents after the occasion!





1 comment:

Lisa said...

Hey Holly! It sounds like you are doing great! I miss not getting the daily updates and seeing first hand your progress, so being able to read your blog is SO much fun! Can't wait to find out about the sex... of the baby! :)
~Lisa