Saturday, February 28, 2009

Whew - that was an exhausting 4 days.....

Gummy bear went on his first airplane ride on Wednesday night to New Orleans and we flew back home on Friday. The ride was not bad except I had come down with some nasty sinus crud last week and I was all stopped up. The pressure of flying seemed to have made the fluid and crud in my sinuses make their way to my ears - that was excruciating pain!! When we were landing I was in tears from pain - both on the plane there and back home!

We went for my grandpa's funeral that was on Thursday. I don't' like funerals and they are even harder when it is for someone you are close to. I will always have my grandpa in my heart and I wish he could have met the new addition to the family. I wish I could be selfish about that but I can't - he is in a better place and he is no longer suffering. He is walking with Jesus in heaven and that is better than being here on this earth. The funeral was good - they had his viewing set up beautifully! His Indian head piece was arranged on the casket proudly and he looked so healthy! I am glad that that the family was able to have that last image of him to keep forever in our hearts and minds forever! My grandpa lives on in baby John, he will keep the face and personality of my grandpa going - he is a spittin' image of him! I will always get to see my grandpa through that little boy's face!

After getting home on Friday we went and got some Benadryl to help with my sinus issue.

Saturday was NON STOP! As a matter of fact from Wednesday through today it was NON STOP! Saturday we got up, dressed and out the door to go register for all the baby things we need. We got to Babies R Us around 12:30 or 1 pm and we were there until 5 pm!!! There were SO many things in that store to choose from that it was almost overwhelming! We registered for the so many things and knew that we could go back online and tweak them as needed. After the 4 hour baby shopping marathon we went to a birthday party for Justin's cousin. We were EXHAUSTED but the party was fun! It was just enough people to have fun but not too many to be crowded. Also got to see little Ryker! He is SO precious! What a perfect baby for being 5 weeks early!

No comments: