Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Nursery Kickoff is about to Begin in 3, 2, 1...

The bookcase came in on the 5th!!! We finally put it together last night!! The other pieces for the nursery should be coming in sometime in the beginning of April.

I really thought the bookcase would be pretty easy to assemble.........nope - it took us a little over a HOUR to put it together! Now that it is set up we get to just let it sit in our office until we finish painting the nursery. Which looks like we will be starting this weekend maybe! The border came in yesterday and it looks even better in person than it did on the website! I will have to get a picture of that and post it as well!


I had to do the heart on my belly picture - as silly as it is,I could not resist since I actually HAVE a belly to do it now!
I went to my appointment today that was rescheduled from two weeks ago. We went over the report from my big anatomy ultrasound and Jace is perfectly normal!! Praise God!! I knew in my mind that he was perfect but it’s nice to know that my instinct was backed up by the medical proof! The only thing that was noted is he is in the 87th percentile for growth development – which means he is a pretty big baby. He actually measured 2 weeks ahead – as did my belly when she did the tape measurements. The doctor does not have any concern until the measurements are showing 3+ weeks ahead. If he were to become too large there would be a chance I would have to have a c-section and I prefer to stay away from that route as much as I can control. I honestly think that I am further along than originally thought – so since my due date was not actually changed I think I will have him “early”. I also asked the doctor if I could ride a my bike and she said “YES!!” – that is awesome because walking is only so much fun. We started walking this week after the time change but Justin and I prefer a bit more activity such as bike riding. She told us that she even rode her bike with her last one up until 32 weeks – that’s when it started to get difficult. She said she couldn’t figure out why until she realized that her knees were bumping into her big belly – it had gotten in the way. So it looks like I can ride the bike for exercise for at least 10 more weeks – if not more. Oh – and I do get one more ultrasound at 37 weeks!! This would mainly be for checking out to see if there has been any progression started and that the baby is positioned correctly. He was breech and then transverse at the big ultrasound but that is to be expected – there is so much room in there right now he can move about freely. They worry when at 37 weeks and the baby is not head down – it’s a whole lot harder for him to move into position.

My next appointment will be the start of my regular every two week visits! WOW – this pregnancy is FLYING BY!! That appointment is scheduled for April 9th – the day we leave for San Antonio for our Baby Moon! I will be getting my Gestational Diabetes test done that appointment. I pray I pass it! Once I do (because I KNOW I will) we will be off to San Antonio for a nice relaxing sweetheart’s get-away!



No comments: