Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Seizure Free Day: 1

Now that today is over with I can officially it's 
SEIZURE FREE DAY: 1


What a blessing!!!
Its so refreshing to be counting seizure free days rather than number of episodes, number of head drops in an episode and timing the length. Those are number I pray are in the past FOREVER!

After starting Jace on his Sabril Monday night we had high expectations for the seizures to be done and over with! Our high hopes were crushed when he still had 5 episodes on Tuesday.......but to go from that to absolutely NO episodes today is great! PTL!!!!!

*HAPPY DANCE*

I was ecstatic to hear from my mom in the morning that Jace hadn't had a seizure upon waking up like he always does. Then checking in through out the day we were only getting great news! No episodes while playing, none while trying to fall asleep for his nap, none while waking up from his nap.......NONE!  
Justin and I came home after picking up a bed for our guest room (long overdue) and took over the nightly duties with Jace. It was so uplifting to play with our baby boy and not have to see him deal with that nasty seizure monster.  


I went on line and got an application for the Texas Scottish Rite Hospital and it looks pretty straight forward on what needs to be done. I have read so many great things about TSRH and I hope to have Jace treated there as well! While looking around on TSRH info I came across more info that a friend told me about with getting assistance for medical costs. JB and I are in the process of looking into this. Don't get me wrong - we are very blessed to have insurance and the ability to pay for some medical expenses but at the rate we are going we will end up drowning. Any little helps - Its outrageous the cost of health care in our county! Its so sad that some children don't get quality care because its not affordable or they do not know where to turn to get the assistance they need.

On a normal note...After got Jace down for bed, my mom watched Jace while JB and I went to go see the newest addition to the Bryan Clan! Conley Wilson Bryan - Born at 3:15 pm 6lbs 2oz and 18 1/2 in and he shares his birthday with JB! I think Conley has already made up his mind - Uncle Justin is his FAVORITE! :) He is so precious and looks SO much like his brother Lincoln!
Congrats Kristen, Nathan, Grant, and Lincoln!

Jace has officially switch teams....it was Team Mom for about 14 months.
Then he started to kind of play both sides and now his is 100% Team Daddy

I finally know how JB felt all those months that it was all momma, momma, momma.
Jace didn't even want me putting him to bed last night :(
Oh its so sad! *sob*
I know I will end up being his best friend again - I just have to wait a while.

Jace's 2 new things are:
1.) Telling us "no" by shaking his head. Well remember how I said we would take ANYTHING from a syringe.....its not without shaking his head No now! LOL
I know it is important for "toddlers" (he is still a baby - I can't say toddler just yet) to say no and all that but when it comes to his medicine that is VERY important he can't win that battle!
Even still, JB and I think its so cute and funny! He likes to tell us "No" a lot!
2.) Stomping his feet. He looks like the penguin in Happy Feet! He stomps when JB and I get home and smile SO big! Its too cute! My mom also works with him doing "If you're happy and you know it, stomp your feet" so he must be happy when we get home. Jace has been stomping his feet for a while but it was always random before.

Then they cried to the LORD in their trouble, and he saved them from their distress. He sent out his word and healed them, and delivered them from their destruction.- Psalm 107:19-20

No comments: