Monday, October 25, 2010

Things Are Getting Better But...

Things are getting better but we are not seizure free.
I thought we were but we started seeing staring spells. They look just like his head drops just without him actually having the head drops. Poor guy gets this spacey wide teary eyed stare.
Even though we are not seizure free I can say that the Sabril is helping.

Friday was Jace's 15 month check up. He is getting SO big! He weighs 26 lbs and is 291/2 inches tall.
Short and wide! Its so funny how at the beginning of Jace's life were all so worried about how small he was and to see him now you would have a hard time believing he use to have skinny legs.
Poor guy had to get 2 shots but he is a little trooper and only cried for 30 seconds max!
All in all he seems to be doing well and the doctor was pleased. I mentioned my concern about his speech and he basically said that at this age its hard to tell if there is a delay and boys speak later than girls anyway.
(Today at the grocery store he told JB bye -bye which was a first so I think he is going to be ok)

Jace has a few more firsts that occurred recently and I have to give credit to Sabril helping our sweet baby boy come back to life!
He's walking well through grass, he tried to hug his friend Keely, and my favorite - he is giving KISSES!
Saturday morning we woke up and I was showing him a picture of JB and he leaned in and kissed my phone. I wanted to see if he was really kissing so I showed him a picture of himself and he just looked at it. Went back to JB's picture and he kissed it. I turned off the phone and he gave me kisses!
WE ARE LOVE LOVE LOVING THIS!
Its also funny how he won't kiss you if he is aggravated with you or not too.
Tonight Jace got mad when I was putting his diaper on after bath. He gave JB kisses when he asked but when I asked he ignored me! LOL What a little toot!

This past weekend we finally got to go to a pumpkin patch. It was poor timing on our part though.
Jace was ready for his morning nap and by the time we got there he was pooped. All morning he had been in a GREAT mood - smiling, laughing, KISSING, and playing.
We bought a pumpkin to carve and got pictures the best we could before our battery on the camera went dead. I think Jace will really enjoy this place in a year or two....he was still too young this year.
Swinging at the Patch
Handsome man and scarecrows

Mommy and Daddy's Little Pumpkin

Deep in Thought

When we got home we started carving the pumpkin. Since this was a first for all three of us we just went with a simple Jack-O-Lantern style face - smiling of course.
I think we did a pretty good job for it being out first time.
Jace wasn't really digging the nasty pulp inside the pumpkin but I had to let him experience it.
The Bryan Family Jack-o-Lantern

Just close it up and its good to go!

JB's dad had a little get together for our birthdays on Saturday night.
He made some steaks, baked potatoes, salad and best of all - homemade ice cream! YUM!
We had some of our closest friends there and all of their kids!
We are so blessed to have such great family and friends!
We really enjoyed spending the evening with them and watching all the kids play.

No comments: