Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Waiting...

We are waiting to get Jace's follow up EEG done - this one will only be 20 minutes thankfully. So far the Banzel has not improved his seizures that we can see. I am sure what the doctors are hoping for is that the constant seizing - or status epilepticus is no longer occurring.

Last night was not easy. Jace woke up screaming in pain, which we figured out this morning was from constipation due to eating too much cheesy stuff for lunch. When he was not up with pain, he was woken up by seizures or having his vitals taken. The nurse was in and out of here non stop until about 3 am. After that we were all able to get some sleep uninterrupted.


Sleepy Baby Jace

Jace seems to be in an ok mood. He is not fussing so that is a plus. He is extremely laid back and tired. Certainly not his normal! Banzel has really kicked him in the rear and he naps a lot. Its not great but while being stuck in the hospital its not a bad deal.

Since the EEG will only be 20 minutes we should know the results pretty quickly. My gut feeling is that its not going to be enough improvement for them to ok us to leave, however I may be pleasantly surprised! And I pray I am!

For now we just snore....I mean wait! :)
I will update again after the EEG and we hear back some results!

No comments: