Thursday, November 10, 2011

A Day of Rest

So the one thing the pediatrician told me to look out for with Jace's head injury was vomiting.
Well, at 11 pm last night I woke up to hear Jace crying - sounds more like a scared cry - and I go to him room to find puke all over his bed. Poor baby!

I didn't think much of it since it was just once and honestly one time vomiting isn't a concern. The pedi was more concerned about persistent puking.

I got Jace's sheets changed, his PJs changed and was rocking him back to sleep when he puked again - ALL over the place! It was projectile and I was covered on my whole right side of my body! YUCK! I think I will be staying away from peanut butter for a while - that's all I could smell! BLAH!

After he puked this time I knew it was time to go get him checked out at the ER.
Justin took over with Jace while I cleaned myself off and got dressed to go. While I was doing that Jace puked again! :( I was starting to really get worried!
We grabbed towels, extra PJs and we headed out.
Jace puked again right before we pulled up to the hospital. 

I knew they were going to need to do a CT Scan but they also requested a strep test since his throat looked red. I was pretty certain that he did not have strep since we JUST finished antibiotics 2 days ago for a sinus infection that took FOREVER to beat.

I was planning to be sitting at the ER for hours! We let Jace play as he wanted (to an extent) and tried our best to go with the flow. They got Jace back for the CT Scan pretty quickly and they told us it would be 2 hours before we had results. Yet again we were dreading that wait since it was already 1 AM by this time.
About 20 mins later the dr came in and told us that the preliminary reports came back clear!
What GREAT NEWS!!!
 I was so relieved to know there was not anything bad going on with Jace's Goose Egg!
This was just a tummy bug with VERY cruel timing.

Even though the timing was cruel it was also somewhat good.
I think it did Jace good to be home all day one day and do nothing. We didn't change out of our PJ's all day and only went outside to check the mail.
I know I needed a day like this - more than I admit!
God knew what He was doing!


Relaxing on Mommy!

Jace's Goose Egg still looks just the same......pretty much.
There was a small scratch that scabbed up. I am finding out that Jace likes to pick at scabs! YUCK!
I REALLY hope this is just an age thing and he won't grow up always picking his scabs!




Jace is SO close to jumping and he tries to jump when he is dancing. :)
We were watching Mickey today and he was dancing to the Hot Dog Dance......Its too cute not to share!



No comments: