Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Bownanza Bash

*Pause the music on the left sidebar before playing the video*

This past weekend we were SO busy!!!

Friday night JB and I went on a date. We planned on going to dinner then a late (9:50 pm) movie. After dinner we realized we were NOT going to make it through a movie that didn't start for another hour and 20 minutes! HA! So we went home and went to bed.

Saturday morning we woke and brought Jace to our room. We love these lazy weekend mornings :) 



After breakfast JB and I headed off to College Station for the annual Texas Bowhunter's Bownanza!


The whole group at Bownanza

Mmmmmm....Crawfish!
The most exciting part of this was we got to meet the Fielders!! This was the couple that helped us out when Jace was low on medicine earlier this year. God blessed us tremendously bringing the Fielder family into our lives. I love how they love God as much as we do!

So glad we finally got to meet Paul and Michelle Fielder
There was a guy at Bownanza that looks JUST like Tommy Lee Jones! HA!
Michelle and I had to get a picture with him! :)


That evening JB and I went out with friends. It ended up being a rough night and the next day was not the best. Despite how we felt the next day we had to drive home that morning.

Jace had a birthday party to go to for Lincoln's 3rd birthday! And his party was at Chuck E Cheese. Lincoln's face was PRICELESS throughout his party. He was the picture of pure excitement! He didn't understand the process of getting tickets to get prizes so his excitement was pure and it was so sweet! Seeing his cuteness made the fact that I felt so bad all better. That little boy is so precious!
This was Jace's first trip to Chuck E Cheese. It was seriously sensory overload for him! Lights, movement, and kids EVERY. WHERE. I tried to put him on a little car but as soon as it started going he freaked and clung to me. I found a little slower car that he enjoyed and we rode that twice.



Papa Bryan was at the party and Jace loves his Papa. Isn't this the sweet picture ever!??!?!



Jace and I HAD to get the neat sketch picture done. He was sleepy by this time so he was not all too interested in sitting and getting a picture taken.



On the way home from the party Jace was talking in the back seat of the car. It was too funny because he was whispering and making faces :)


Monday morning Jace was evaluated by ECI - Early Childhood Intervention. This is a program provided by the state for children under the age of 3. They evaluate children to see if they need physical, occupational or speech therapy. Since Jace has Tuberous Sclerosis he automatically qualifies and the evaluation was mainly to see where he stood so we could decide if we wanted/needed therapy and how often.
After the evaluation, the scores came back as:
Motor Skills - 24 months
Self-Help Skills - 20 months
Social/Emotional Relationships - 20 months
Communication - 17 months
Had he not had a medical diagnosis that qualified him he would not be considered delayed enough for assistance. They normally say the children should be 3 or more months behind to qualify. Since he does have a medical diagnosis they will provide services to him. This will be to mainly monitor him and make sure he continues to progress properly. I am pretty sure that he is not behind due to his seizures but because he is 100% boy!! :) He loves to move and as you can see he is very advanced in that area. There is no need to talk if you can get up and get stuff yourself! We will go along with the services for speech since it can not hurt anything at all.

Today Jace had his 3 month check up for his eyes. Although there is no way to thoroughly check him out from what we can tell he checked out PERFECT! :) 
I wish we didn't have to go see an eye doctor every 3 months but its for the best since he is on Sabril and it can cause vision loss.  

This coming Friday we will see Jace's ENT to finally follow up on hsi tubes that we had done last year. Also, we have an appointment with an orthopedic for his bowlegs. I PRAY PRAY PRAY they say this is something he will grow out of and it requires no intervention.
After these appointments I am hoping they will be the last until his follow ups in June and July! I am tired of doctor appointments.

Oh - and to add to prayers - please pray that Jace easily transitions to bedtime without a paci. We have slowly removed the extra paci's from his crib and now he is on the last paci I attempted to remove it from the bed. He was NOT happy that night. I cut the tip of the paci and gave it to him. He took it and went to bed. I do not know what was going on that night. Even last night he was screaming at bedtime and he had the paci in his crib. I think he has been struggling with seizures right before bed. I had to hold him until he was completely out last night. While I was in his room holding him I could tell he was not really relaxing yet. I caught a glimpse of his eyes and I could see my poor baby was staring wide eyed from a seizure. UGH I hate seeing these and to know he was SO upset right before hand. I wish he could talk to tell me what goes on so I know how to better help him feel better. God is working His healing hand - Jace's seizures are much less frequent and intense. Jace is being healed and I know there will be a day that he or we will never worry about a seizure again! Tonight he went to sleep easily but his "bedtime" seizure happened in the shower before bed. He laid down and went to sleep without looking for his paci that I stuck in the edge of his mattress. I am pretty sure when I do take it completely out of his bed he will do ok. :) Just pray for my patience and his understanding that he is a BIG BOY now.

No comments: