Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Finally We Caught a Break!



I have slowly been trying to wean the pacifier from Jace. It took him a while to not want it during the day, then I took it from car rides, then naps, and then started on the bedtime weaning.
He used to have 3 pacis in his crib at night so if he lost one the others were easier to find. We slowly took one paci out each week until this week. I wanted to just go cold turkey starting Sunday but it didn't seem that was going over well. I cut the tip of the paci and gave it back to him - I still had to hold him until he fell asleep. After the next two nights I realized he was fussing Sunday night because he wanted Mommy or Daddy. We are entering yet another phase of separation anxiety - I don't mind this and embrace him wanting us :) I still left the paci in his bed but stuffed it in a corner/edge of the mattress. Last night I went in to see if he hadn't touched it and he hadn't.
So I took it out of his crib and to my knowledge he didn't wake up crying for it!

Tonight I wanted to try once again putting him to bed without the paci in the bed at all......SUCCESS!!!!!!
He laid down, reached around the crib a bit then fell right to sleep!
I am SO happy we got off easy with the paci weaning!

No comments: