Monday, March 14, 2011

He's Just a Natural Born Cowboy

*Pause music on left sidebar before watching videos*


We went to the ENT for the WAY overdue follow up for his tubes. What actually forced us into making this appointment was the fact that he has had 2 ear infections in one ear and the other was starting to drain. We mainly skipped his 6 month post-op appt for his tubes because it was suppose to be in October. We were dealing with MUCH more greater issues with his seizures.
Come to find out Jace has a double ear infection......his left tube is mostly out and the right tube is still intact and draining properly. We were put on antibiotics orally and drops for his ear. We go back and I PRAY they are healed up. If not we may have to look into getting another set of tubes and possibly removing his adenoids. I don't want this to happen but if its needed then we will go that route.

Does this face look like he has double ear infections?

JB went to Lexington to work on the barn and so it was a weekend of just Jace and I getting to spend time together. Saturday morning we woke up, ate breakfast and went grocery shopping.
Here are some cute clips of Jace playing after breakfast.





Jace was exhausted while shopping so while he enjoyed the ride in the Beco he napped.

Actually a few people thought it was quite funny to see him zonked right out!
I am so blessed to have such an easy going baby boy! 

After we got home Jace at his lunch......we were planning to go to the park later with cousins.


CHEESE!!
After his REAL nap we went to Mary Jo Peckham Park . We met up with his cousins, Ryker, Brayden and Dani. The kids had a blast playing on the playground but talk about work! Those little guys are FAST and in a semi-crowded park is not a piece of cake! HA! I wish I could have visited with Lauren and Sheri a bit more but I am glad we were able to make a date to meet up for the boys to play.


Jace, Brayden and Ryker
Not the best picture but getting a pic of three (almost)2 yr olds isn't easy
The park wore Jace out but when we made it home he for sure caught a second wind! :)
He eventually settle down on time to go to bed.......I was hoping he would sleep well since we were losing an hour of sleep for daylight savings time. I don't get the point of that!

Sunday Jace and I went to the Woodlands Mall so I could drop off my engagement and wedding rings to get "pampered". They needed to be cleaned, inspected, the works....its been almost a year since I have been there to get them take care of.
It was a gorgeous day and after the mall we walked around the Market Street in the Woodlands.

Jace was being silly on the way home from The Woodlands

 
Reading his book and resting after a long day at the mall with Mommy
Jace woke up this morning with WILD hair....there were curls in places I didn't know he had curls in his hair at. I was planning to wet it down before going to school so it didn't look like I let him leave the house all undone but I forgot! :) Oops.....it was cute though.

Crazy hair day
I started to feel a little under the weather on Saturday and it just progressively got worse since then. Today at work I had to leave early for Jace's Orthopedic appointment so I left earlier than expected to go to the clinic we have at work. I wanted to be sure that if I have strep that I catch it early since last year I waited WAY too long! I actually thought I was jumping the gun and they were going to laugh at me, say it was a virus and send me home with lozengers. My strep test came back positive.....YUCK! But I am glad I was able to get something before the pain got unbearable. It hurts now but my pain tolerance is pretty high.

Jace's orthopedic appointment ended very well. Apparently his bow legs are VERY normal. Kids tend to peak with bow legs at 18-19 months of age. The doctor even showed me a picture of a "normal" child with bowlegs at 18 months and it was WAY worse then Jace's. I agree with everyone that he is indeed very bowlegged BUT I now know that it is very normal!
He is just a natural born cowboy ready to saddle up and ride on out!


I have been slowly getting Jace's growth chart made and here is what I have done so far.

Dark Blue Stars on the Light Blue Background (matches his room)

Manly striped letters that have the perfect colors to match the border in his room!

I still need a few more colors of paint to finish but I should have this done in NO time!!!!
Well that is if I can find the time! :)

It is time to go to bed.....its WAY past my bedtime and going to bed late isn't great when you are sick......Momma's have no time to be sick

No comments: