Monday, November 15, 2010

I Am Feeling The Burn

I am feeling the burn of carrying a 27lb child for 3+ hours in my Seven Sling. I could be hurting worse had I not had the sling but I am in search of a better, toddler friendly, easier on momma baby carrier - a Moby wrap, a Mei Tai carrier....SOMETHING....anything else! He is too young to let him walk on his own and too heavy to not have assistance in carrying him. My left bicep, hips, and right shoulder are sore! I started to really feel them about 24 hours almost to the hour of when we finished shopping at the Nutcracker Market. The problem with the baby carriers that are comfortable AND can be used for children up to 35-40 lbs is the price. OMG - some companies are VERY proud of their products. I am possibly going to check out some resale shops or Craigslist. I would like to get something that is easy to use for quick trips but comfortable to wear for longer times he will be strapped to me.

However, I have to say that the only reason I was able to handle carrying him around for that long is because I have been going to the gym at least 4 times a week lately. Another plus to having my mom here to watch Jace is that I don't have to stop at a daycare to pick him up and I am able to squeeze in a quick hour workout at the gym with my workout buddy Patti. I am really feeling a difference after working out and now I KNOW its made a difference since I was able to endure having a toddler strapped to me for hours!
I have to say a BIG thanks to my mom for understanding and working with my work out time. Its great to be able to have that small amount of time just for me. It really does help to relieve stress and I can get in some socializing with one of my best friends!

Speaking of working out, JB has gotten back into the gym and he is REALLY doing well. He has built up a good amount of muscle and is looking good! I am very proud of him - he has really been working hard and getting results. I have to comment on how incredible of a husband and daddy he is. Even though he works out everyday on the weekdays he still makes time for Jace and me. He has never neglected his family life while trying to take care of his well being.

The appointment for tomorrow has been cancelled. I thought it was with Dr. Northrup, the geneticist, but it was suppose to be with the old neurologist we use to see in the TSC clinic. Since that was the case, it was cancelled since we no longer prefer to see her. We are resceduled to see Dr. Northrup on January 3rd.
I also cancelled this week's neurology appointment. Jace is doing so much better that I think it woudl be silly to pay $10+ for parking and have to buy lunch out to go to a doctor appointment for them to see how well he is doing. I can converse with her over the phone and tell her that. I know that she will be ok with that. I just need to find out now when we SHOULD follow up with her, if things do not go down hill again. I am sure we will need to see her before the Phase I evaluation....I think?

Here is a link to Jace's Seizure Tracker Graphs. This website really is neat - my mom logs his seizures and when I get home I put them in the website and I can graph the occurrences for his doctors to better see.


As you can see on there, his seizure would get better or go away for a few days (usually a day after we increased his meds) then they would start to increase again. That is except for the past few days.....his episodes have decreased and nothing in his meds have changed. This is exciting!
I am starting to think maybe it took a bit for the medicine to really get in at this max dose and start to work on him. I think I can handle 3-5 seizures a day until we can find out about surgery candidacy....it certainly beats 8-11 seizures a day!



No comments: