Friday, November 5, 2010

RIP Jeri Foster



I am sad to announce that a dear friend and coworker lost her battle with cancer last week. She had been battling and winning her fight but the chemo proved too tough on her liver. It was a surprise to us all how quick she left. Her funeral was today and I had intentions of going right up until 5 mins before I had to leave. Between the doctor visits that morning, Jace being a little toot, being unsure which vehicle I was taking for the weekend and the overall stress of the current happenings I had to cancel going to the funeral. I REALLY wish I could have made it there. Jeri taught all of us girls how to crochet and was ALWAYS there for use without judgement. She was the strongest woman I knew who cared for everyone but herself.
Jeri will truly be missed forever by me and I ask for everyone to please pray for the peace of family.
RIP Jeri Foster - I know you are enjoying being back with your husband again! - Always in my Heart!

They just decided today they want us in weekly. We do not know about the EEG results yet but he looks better now (we increased vigabatrin to his max after ER visit).
Lately the pattern has been that he does great for 2-3 days after an increase then staring spells increase and he is not himself until we increase again.We have reached the max dose for his vigabatrin so the doctor wants us in weekly and we may have to play the medication game for a while. His body/brain is too "smart" and adjusts to the meds quickly. It'll be a medications roller coaster until we get Phase 1 started and hopefully remove the tuber.

We should hear from his doctor on Monday with the EEG results.
She also mentioned that we should expect, just to be cautious, that things may get worse before possible surgery. I pray that nothing gets worse and it only improves from here on out.
However, it is nice to be seen by his doctor weekly. This really does help with having a better peace of mind.


Jace has been teething his last "canine" tooth and it seems to be giving him - and us a hassle!
For snack today I gave him a plum....he LOVED it and devoured it! LOL




 
Here is the beginning of the plum devouring


And this is after the mutilation of that poor plum


Jace did the cutest thing today - he was dancing with this toy Scout!




 

No comments: