Sunday, November 21, 2010

"Everyone Must Take Time to Sit and Watch the Leaves Turn"

 Friday we went to Lexington to see Papa Bryan and JB could hunt.
That night was crazy for Jace. I think this visit to Papa's house was the first that Jace was REALLY aware of his surroundings. He was so wound up that night and did not want to sleep. We let him stay up and play with his cousin Lincoln. He finally went to sleep at 10:30 pm!

On Saturday we let Jace play in the leaves that seem to accumulate in the apartment complex.
Even though its fall it was still warm enough to let Jace run around outside in JUST a diaper.

Dada threw leaves on me!
Oh they are crunchy!
   I had to catch a short slip of Jace playing in the leaves


Saturday evening Jace and I went to visit the Schumpert's. I really wish we lived closer to each other. Misty is one of my best friends and the little ones always enjoy playing together.

Jace and Keely playing with the stroller

Jace was getting love from Trey and Keely.
Of course Keely started out playing hard to get by kicking Jace but she eventually gave up the sugars!
I think Keely and Jace is loving the kisses to each other!
Shhhhh.....Don't tell Keely's Daddy! :)


We came home earlier than planned and slept in our own beds Saturday night.
Sunday morning we went and did our grocery shopping and it was smack dab in the middle of Jace's morning nap time. He fell asleep on the way home with his head hanging. He was snoring and must have been comfortable but it looks painful to me!


During his nap I put the Christmas tree up. So far he has been very good about not touching it and listening to us when we tell him no when we can tell he is THINKING about touching it. :)


I never let Jace play on the laptop but he seemed so interested today so I got online and found a toddler friendly site. He was really enjoying it!
I also downloaded another program just for him called BabySplat. It just has sounds and shapes pop up no matter what he hits on the keyboard.....he liked but I don't think my keyboard did. HA!


Before bed I was about to take apart his old "jump-jump" that he has outgrown by like 10+ lbs. He asked to be put in it so I let him have one last go round in it. Hehehehe.....he was JUMPING! He loved it! He really always enjoyed this toy - its too bad he outgrew it.



This week is a short week at work and then its time for the Thanksgiving festivities!
This is a fun time of the year but it goes by WAY too fast!

Only 2 more weeks until Jace's Phase 1 evaluation for possible epilepsy surgery. This partly scares me because I am not sure how quickly they decide yes or no to surgery after this. I don't know if we will be spending Christmas in the hospital or if this will be something done after the first of the year.
I don't mind either way because becoming seizure free would be the best Christmas gift ever. I just don't like not knowing the laid out plans that can't be laid out with situations like this.

Its bed time......4:30 am comes EARLY and I am getting sleepy!
Goodnight all and I hope you enjoy the videos :)
 
 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Holly,
Been following your post for a while. Saw your husbands post on Texas Bowhunter to pray for your son. My daughter was diagnosis with Tuberousclerosis in 2001, when she was 6 months. Just wanted you to know that you that you are not alone. Praying for your son. Just remember, Jesus is the Great Physician! Today, our daugther is a Happy, Healthy, 9yo. Reading your post is identical to what we went throught with our daughter.Reliving the memories as I read yours. Hang in there! You will look back on all this and not believe how you made it throught.
Gods hand is upon you and your son. Just sit back and let him guide you. :)

Michelle Fielder said...

Saw that my post said anonymous, didn't want you to think you had a stalker!Ha Ha.
Michelle Fielder
McAllen, Texas