Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Pomegrante Craze

I have been on a pomegranate kick lately.....they are delicious!
Jace is just like his mommy and loves them too!
Although they cost quite a bit for fruit there are some good deals out there.

My mom said that Jace was looking at his reflection in the dishwasher when she asked him who that baby was....and he responded "That's Jace" and then walked away! WOW! My mom said she asked him to say "Peek a Boo" and he said "Boo". He said that once when we got home too!
We have been hearing him say things here and there that sound SO much like actual words but its hard to REALLY think he is truly saying things. I have heard him say "Right there" when we asked him where the little boy was in his book and I am pretty sure he said "Gamma" (Grandma) last night.
It's so neat to enter this new phase of his development. As much as I will enjoy him learning to say new words I worry about him copying peoples words that should not be copied!

Another great thing lately has been how easy its been to get Jace to sleep at night. I have been able to lay him down in his bed and he just put himself to sleep. I have to brag that this because we did achieve this WITHOUT having him cry it out or any other "sleep training" methods. I am truly a believer that sleep and babies putting themselves to sleep is a maturity thing. It is something I think they need to just "grow" into so I can see how some babies grow into it later than others - just like they walk and talk at different times, some later than others. We are so blessed to have it pretty "easy" in the sleep department.

1 comment:

J.D. said...

Everything you're saying is what Fi is doing now! Repeating words, having so many worlds already..except if she sees her self in the mirror or picture she says "bay bay" (baby).

I used to rock Fi to sleep every night & now the last few weeks (maybe 2 months) I put her in her crib w/ the pacifier (which stays in the crib)& off she goes. We never did cry it out or anything either.

Our babies are the BOMB!!!