Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Our Baby Can "Read"

*Be sure to mute the music on the left sidebar before watching the video*
Reading "Harry the Dirty Dog"

Tonight we did Christmas with my parents. It was early but we have been itching to give them their Christmas present. We got them a few nights in San Antonio for New Year's Eve. We went there a few years ago and the firework show on the riverwalk is beautiful!
My parents got Jace a picnic table that also doubles as an easel for when he is older and does "art".
It's was funny because at first he tried pushing himself back from the table to get up. It took him a few tries to figure out the seat doesn't move and he will have to swing his legs around to get off the bench.

An easel?  No thanks....I just want to sit here and read!


Jace has started to "read" his books recently. My mom said she came into his playroom and he was sitting on his chair reading "Hop on Pop" and she offered to read it to him and he glared at her. She offered one more time and he threw the book. He does this with his paci as well if you ask if you can have it. He will throw it away and I am sure thinking "If I can't have it, you can't either!" He is so much fun!!!


If you look closely he does move his mouth with some of his words.
This is so incredibly cute for the first few minutes.....however he did this for about 30 minutes.
He doesn't exactly have an "inside" voice yet so you can imagine how it can get old.
Even still, I am so proud to know that he loves books and I hope he continues with that love since it really is true - If you can read, you can do anything!


I LOVE this book!!
I can not believe Jace will be 17 months old tomorrow!!! Time just goes faster and faster!
I am waiting for my first gray hair to pop up....with everything going on this past year you would have thought I would have started getting gray already. So far so good....I seem to have my mom's hair.

No comments: