Thursday, December 9, 2010

Phase I Evaluation: Day 3

Jace had his MEG scan and MRI today. He had to be sedated for both so they made them two back to back. I hate seeing him sedated but I am glad they can do that so he isn't so tortured by the big machines and tests they run.


Talking up a storm while waiting for his MEG scan
The MEG scan and MRI took a total of 4 hours!! I hate knowing he had to be under for that long but he came through fine. He needed the sleep anyway. They sedation they used on him only basically put him in a deep sleep. It was not the anesthesia where they would have to hook him up to a breathing machine (like they do for surgeries) and he could breath on his own. He did wake up a few times in the tests but the anesthesiologist quickly boostered the sedation to put him back out.
When Jace was in recovery he woke only enough to drink some apple juice then was back out for another hour +. Finally he woke up at 6 and ate dinner. He was STARVING! His last meal was at 8 pm last night.


He is such a little trooper!
After dinner we were discharged. Once we set the stroller up Jace was BEGGING to get in it!
Poor guy was ready to get home!

We have to make an appointment with Dr. Von Allmen in 4 weeks to get the results of everything. I was told incorrectly on Tuesday when he said we would know if he was a candidate or not.

Once we made it home Jace was playing and must had gotten anxious about Christmas!

Our poor tree got the wrath of Jace! He sure is ALL BOY!


I knew I should have used fishing line to secure it
Well I am going to bed! I hope to sleep better tonight than I did last night.

1 comment:

ANewKindOfPerfect said...

I am glad you guys are out of there, and I hope the results are in as soon as possible. Our studies showed that Emily is not a surgical candidate. It also proved that she has Lennox Gastaut Syndrome. These were hard to swallow ... I hope that Jace's results are better! At least that they will give you some guidance as to how to proceed next.

And on my - the Christmas tree knocked over? Wow! I think fishing line is a good idea.