Wednesday, December 1, 2010

A Thanksgiving Tradition?

Last Thanksgiving Jace experienced his very first fever...and I guess he wanted to continue with that tradition.
Once we made it to Lexington I noticed Jace felt a little warm. It was nothing that REALLY concerned me but I gave him some medicine. This Thanksgiving started out great and Jace had so much fun playing with his cousins. A few hours later at lunch once the cold front moved in Jace started to feel warm again. I didn't really think much about it since I knew he has been dealing with his 2 year molars lately.
I started to get worried when we were standing by the door, someone opened it and the cold air blew on him and he started to shiver and chatter his teeth. JB and I started to worry that it was a weird seizure or something. After an hour of Jace acting very weird he started to get very warm. His temp climbed and climbed until eventually I was getting very concerned about that. I was relieved that it was a fever and not some odd seizure activity! Before we were able to eat dinner we went back to Papa's house because Jace was NOT feeling well. I was able to take his temperature and it was 103.6! Poor guy was showing no sign of being sick and this fever hit him like a brick wall. Thankfully the medicine got his fever back down and I was able to control it to a tolerable temp throughout the night.


You can see how miserable he looks here :(

That night I let Jace sleep with me. Normally when he is in the bed with JB and I he thinks its play time and hardly ever sleeps well. This night he slept great - besides the fact of being sick. Once he finally snuggled up his back to my belly he slept the best. I love that he is such a snuggler!

I had to put a pillow in my place to keep him feeling snuggled up
Friday we took Jace out to the land for a few moments and I had to get this picture of him sitting on the console of the truck.
After seeing this picture I decided it is WAY past the point of him needing a haircut!   
Look at that CA-UTE belly!!
We are planning to get his hair cut for the first time this weekend. Since next week we go into the hospital for the extended EEG, that glue will be easier to handle with shorter hair.

Friday night after Jace was still acting pretty unhappy and like he was not feeling well I decided that we needed to go home that night. I know that if I were not feeling well that I would prefer to be in my own settings and bed. We packed up and went home after Jace had his bedtime routine done at Papa's house.

Saturday morning he woke up happy and healthy. I am still boggled about why he spiked such a high fever. I am chalking it up to teeth but WOW! that was a big ol' fever for teeth!

A year ago I would have NEVER imagined Jace would actually beg to go to bed for a nap or bedtime.
To my surprise he does. My mom has said that he asks to go to his crib for naps but I experienced it firsthand this past weekend. It was not until after I finished filming this little clip that I realized he wanted to go take a bath and go to bed. The video is a little silly because I was trying to catch him saying "na na na na na" on the camera.




Jace usually LAUGHS with this alligator that giggles! He loves this toy!
That face is priceless!


And....one last clip! :)
Jace took an ornament off the tree and wanted to help put it back on the tree for mommy. I think it was his way of trying to go after another one though. Sneaky sneaky!
 

No comments: