Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Blessings in Abundance

Blessings are in abundance if you open your eyes to see them!
And I am seeing SO many blessings right now!

Our barn is being built tomorrow (well will be started) and I am SO excited to see it this coming weekend!
JB will be there when they start it to be sure all the plumbing, placement, and all that jazz is lined up. 
We are very blessed to have the ability and means to have this built.

Another major blessing is our insurance deductible has been met with the assistance we qualified for Jace's medication. Basically the way the program worked is the claim still processed through our insurance and the company providing assistance fronted the bill for what we owed out of pocket! This was more than we could have asked for and this will make the following appointments and other medication refills much more manageable.

Jace's eczema is starting to clear up, slowly but surely. The daycare is great and is putting lotion on him through out the day to help out. The bad parts of the eczema is healed and now he just has some of the tiny bumps.
However, he is now dealing with an ear infection! Grrrr....this is ok. He has ear tubes that were placed back in May of last year. I know they are working because the left ear that is infected is draining as it should with tubes. Its great to say this is the first infection he has had since having the tubes placed! I called his pediatrician about this thinking since it was so obvious that it was an infection that they could call in Rx ear drops. I know he doesn't need an oral antibiotic since there is no fever or any other issues - just on going ear drainage and the ear is bothering him. Well, they told me I had to bring him in. We were just there on FRIDAY!! Had the doctor done a FULL exam and not just looked at his rash I bet he would have caught this. In order to avoid having to miss work for this appointment and pay ANOTHER unnecessary co-pay I called his ENT that did the tubes. Luckily they agreed to call in a Rx for ear drops.

I also made the decision to switch back to the original pediatrician we started seeing with Jace from Day1. I like her a lot and I only switched to a male doctor for the sole fact that when Jace is older he would not be as embarrassed about having to show his privates to a woman. I decided since I am the main person dealing with the doctor still that I wanted someone I know better and has been there from Day 1. Don't get me wrong - the new pedi was a good one but I just want to go to someone I feel Jace is much more known by. His medical history certainly is no walk in the park. Also, this original doctor is much closer to my work. I was not thrilled about having to go the opposite way of work and past where I live in the middle of a work day.

Anyway - I have rescheduled Jace's 18 month check up with his original pediatrician and it is set for Feb. 1st. What is great about this is his ears can be checked up on since that will be the last day of his ear drops and the infection should be cleared up by then!
Timing seems to be working out lately for us in every aspect and I owe all the thanks to God for that!

I asked and I have recieved, I seeked and I have found, I knocked and the door has been opened!

No comments: