Thursday, January 27, 2011

Forks and Closed Mouth Kisses



Jace used his fork properly for the first time all on his own tonight!
He had Mac-n-cheese, Gerber Graduate Meat Sticks and left over sausage for dinner. He actually got some of the mac-n-cheese on his fork and ate it right off it! However, he quickly decided that it was much quicker and easier to just use his hands!
I was so proud of him and let him know that too.....he probably was thinking "mom - you are nuts getting excited over something so silly!!" That's what mommies do right?

Before bed, Justin was holding Jace and  I leaned in to give him a kiss. This is something that is hit or miss with him. Well tonight he decided he wanted to give me a kiss and proceeded to with his mouth closed, lips puckered and even made the kiss sound "MUAH!"
Oh it was so cute and heart melting! :)

Today I decided to listen to a CD Justin and I received when Family Life came to the bible study at work when I was big and pregnant. It was a story about a family that lost their first baby, a little girl, after just 7 days of life so I decided to put off listening to this story until after Jace was born. The CD came across my mind today and felt very compelled to listen to it finally.
All I can really say about it is WOW! Even if you have not lost a child this story still helps you to remember that God is with us in all of our battles. He can and will step in as He sees necessary to glorify His kingdom!
I was taken by surprise thinking this baby girl was born with heart issues or was expected to have issues but she wasn't. She was expected to be perfectly normal but after birth they found she had brain damage that would require extensive brain surgeries she would likely not survive through. This really hit home! I could relate with this family and its comforting to hear their faith grow through their journey as well. Obviously Jace's actual life doesn't depend on surgery but his quality of life does. I know what kind of thought process the parents went through thinking about the decision of brain surgery. This family inspired me to continue to let go and place my battles, all of them - big or small, in God's hands. I am reminded that we all have purpose in life and we will all leave a legacy. Our legacy should include worshipping and glorifying God's Kingdom. Even though our lives can have incredible struggles on this Earth we will one day be in the arms of Jesus. His timing is perfect and though we do not know WHY we go through what we do and when we do this is a great purpose He has in this all. I have come to realize in the the past years reflecting back on all the hardships and good times I have encountered to see the bigger picture. I still have questions about things but I know in my heart He has a path for my family and me.
If you want to hear this CD, it can be purchased here.

We are headed back to Lexington this weekend and get to spend time with family and friend there. Jace is really starting to enjoy the country! I love that he gets to experience both the city and the country. I know he is going to love Lexington as much as Justin and I do.



No comments: