Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Uh Oh Spaghetti - O

*Pause music on left sidebar before watching video*

First off.....only one seizures today!!! WOOHOO! At least only one that was seen.

I posted last week about a rash that Jace has. He still has it and although it is not getting way worse it certainly is NOT getting better. It has gotten worse on his stomach but the back is the same. I am so boggled over this rash. The lotion used for eczema is not working and it get pretty red when he takes a warm bath/shower. I would think maybe heat rash but he doesn't sweat.....and would a heat rash last 3 weeks?!?!?
Here is a picture of the rash....I am calling the pedi tomorrow to see what they think. I just PRAY it isn't a reaction to any of his meds since it can affect his liver and other internal organs.....sometimes the first sign is a rash. That really concerns me.






After posting on Facebook about Jace not eating my food at home he made me a liar!
He must have a FB account somewhere and was like "I am going to prove her wrong! Watch!" HA!
He has gobbled down his dinner all week. He was eating as if we never offer him food!
Although he is still somewhat picky about what he eats he is at least eating something.

I decided to be a little creative since he stopped eating his veggies so well like he used to. (Yeah I was THAT mom that always bragged about how he would eat his veggies and now he is making me eat my words). So, I know that he will not touch a noodle normally so putting pureed veggies on to noodles like you would spaghetti wouldn't work. BUT I knew that he would eat almost ANYTHING on a slice of bread.
I took a jar of baby food peas and spread it all over a slice of bread, gave him pieces, and he scarfed it down! He seemed to like the Pea Sandwich. At least with this maybe I can get him accustomed to the flavor of veggies again.

Since I still had some peas left I gave him that again tonight. I also put some beans on his plate that he would touch tonight. That is ok because when I was eating some left over spaghetti he was pointing at it like he wanted it. I put some on his plate and he ate it. I think he ate more of my dinner than I did. HA!

I was thinking tonight about how easy we have it when it comes to taking his medicine (please don't make me eat my words again!) twice a day. He gladly takes them like they taste good. I think the main reason for this is that he really only had milk or water given to him to drink. So to get juice it must be a treat to him. Up until recently I would hardly ever offer him juice. I just didn't want to deal with him one day throwing a fit for a sugary drink when he really needs water. I have recently bought some V8 fusion that I offer him at dinner if he hadn't eaten any veggies at daycare or at dinner.
Anyway here is Jace gladly taking his medicine, eating spaghetti and his pea sandwich. :)



Ok....I think I like this

C'mere noodle....get in my BELLY!
 
More??


Please......now?
What a mess? Glad we have Lil Bit who loves to clean up after him.

No comments: