Sunday, January 23, 2011

It's Time to Start Planning the Party

.....for Jace's 2nd birthday! As of Saturday the 22nd, he is 18 months old!! 
(YES....I NEED 6 months to plan)

I thought time flew when I got out of high school. No way, once you have children it vaporizes!


Bounce bounce bounce....

Uh oh....almost lost it....

ok.....this is better....bounce bounce bounce.....
I took Jace to the doctor on Friday and found out that his rash is in fact just eczema! Thank God!
We were given 2 presciption lotions and instructions to wash him with Dove soap, use cooler water for baths and to lotion him up all the time, you can't lotion him too much when it comes to eczema.
I am SO happy to know this is just eczema. Apparently it is VERY common in babies in the winter time.

This past weekend we went into Lexington. We have been planning on building a shop on our land. It will be much nicer when we go in to visit and have our own place to stay at. We love visiting with Dad but 800 sq ft with an 18 month old is not always relaxing. Not only that but usually there are other grandchildren visiting Dad so this will just help everyone enjoy their visits to the country :)
We had the land cleared last year but had more done to get the building spot situated.
We took Jace out there when Justin was burning some wood piles and he loved it. He saw us picking up roots and sticks in the building perimeter and started to "help". He walked around picking up sticks for about 30 minutes. It was so cute!

Here are some pictures that JB took while we were out on the land.

You put that camera up! NOW!

The stie of the future Bryan Family Retreat


Who you lookin' at??



Oh - the big camera......

Let me have it....?

I WILL get that camera!



I can't wait to be able to stay out there. Jace is going to LOVE it! We all will!


Saturday we went to the Schumperts to hang out with all of them.
Jace loves going over there and so do JB and I. 
We had dinner over there and to our surprise Jace actually ate Mac N Cheese......2 helpings at that! 
I started to think maybe I need to make dinner dates with other children to get Jace to eat. He eats right along with his friends. When its just mommy and daddy he likes to act like he hates all food. Grrrr...... 
After dinner we were talking and JB went to check on Jace in the play room. He goes in there to find Trey with blue marker all over his hands! HA! Its was so funny. Derek and Misty went in the room farther and found he had drawn on the walls. I would have thought maybe Jace did it but the marks were too high on the wall to have been done by that shorty. HEHEHEHE....its was so cute...Trey was caught blue handed. :)
Thankfully the marker was easy to wash off the wall and there was no permanent damage.


On our way home today Jace was talking and talking away!
I love to hear him talk and it makes me feel good that he is developing his verbal skills but today was almost annoying. Here is a video clip of what he pretty much did the full 90 minute ride home.


He was clapping, screaming, talking, blowing rasberries, humming, and just going off.....Part of the problem was he wanted his paci and he had thrown it. I have come to the comnclusion that I KNOW he doesn't need it and when and if he throws it then he loses it. He will learn.

I went back to using the powder packets of Sabril this weekend and just as I thought....he had more seizures! I switched Saturday morning but I didn't see the increase until today. When he is on the pills he has 1/2 as many seizures and they are not as intense. Today he had about 6 seizures and they were longer and intense again.
I plan to call his epileptologist tomorrow morning to tell her this and see if we can get his prescription written for pills rather than the powder packets.

And more pictures just for fun...and cuteness! :) 


You woke me up for this?? Seriously? Its 5:45 am!

Go away mommy.....I don't wanna take this now

Do we HAVE to do the picture now?


No comments: