Monday, January 31, 2011

Never a Dull Moment

I am going to just stop asking for breaks. Things happen at certain times for my family and I to realize blessings - some we don't figure out until way after the fact.
So.....I do not want to complain but I have to say we never have a dull moment. :)
Honestly I don't think I would know what to do if we didn't have to be going non-stop.


What are you smiling about? Its 6 am!



Seriously I am NOT a morning person!

As you can see from the pictures I took while playing with our camera.....he was feeling good this morning.
I was very wrong about Jace not being really sick. I have been thinking this cough was residuals of the bug we just kicked over a week ago. When he woke up this morning he had that goopy thick snot in his nose but again I didn't think much of it. I gave him saline spray in his nose before bed and had the humidifier running all night so it would make since that the snot would be coming out.
We got a call from the daycare around lunch telling us that Jace was running a fever of 102.5 and had gunk coming from his eyes. YUCK! I picked him up and remembered that I had to get more ibuprofen for him and I knew I would need it to alternate between that and Tylenol. We stopped at Dollar Tree they didn't have any so I stopped at CVS. Poor baby boy was such a trooper dealing with me stopping at TWO stores when he felt bad.

That reminds me about something that happened this weekend. We forgot Jace's booster seat for meals and so at Papa Bryan's I just let him sit on the chair to eat. He was a bit short but he managed. Yesterday morning he was eating breakfast and was kind of twisting and playing in the chair. Well he continued to eat but he was sitting sideways. I was across the table from him so I couldn't see exactly what he was doing. I get to get him cleaned up and his arm was caught in between the back rails of the chair. I went to remove his arm and it was STUCK! There was NO budging that arm. He whined every time I tried to move it so Papa got us some soap and that helped slip it right out of the rail. Jace is too strong for his own good.....he didn't complain once about his arm being stuck. Just continued to sit there and eat breakfast like it was nothing. I will surprised if he doesn't end up with a bruise around his arm.

Knowing his tolerance for pain and not feeling well I can tell he is not feeling good one bit today! He tried to play very little but majority of the time he wanted to just be held or sleep. He napped for about 3 hours today (and I got to nap for about 2!) and woke up to eat dinner, get bathed and go to bed.

I hate bringing Jace in to his well checks sick! It seems to happen more than not with him. I guess I should appreciate that his immunity is building before he gets into real school. I made all my calls to the other mommies of the other children that Jace played with this weekend. I wonder if other parents do that or if I am just one of the few. I would rather the parents be prepared that the little one MIGHT get sick than for it to sneak up on them like it does for us and Jace. I really wish someone would tell me if their kid gets sick after being with Jace so I can prepare. Of course this has happened very few times - that may be because he is the one always passing the bugs. I am pretty sure the daycare doesn't seem to pass along the info unless its bad....like RSV in the infant room or a bad tummy bug.

Anyway - Jace is still not feeling great but after a hot steamy shower he seemed to perk up some. I am hoping his humidifier helps him with that cough enough for him to rest.

Mommy, I don't feel good :(

I'm just going to rest right here for a little bit

I bought a Playtex cup that is a stage 4. This is a sippy cup that doesn't have a spout so he can learn to drink from the edge of a cup rather than sucking on a spout. It was suggested for ages 2+ so I was surprised that he picked up using it so easily.

Mmmmm.....I will drink out of a new cup to get juice.....

C'mon mom - so I can drink from a new cup.....get that camera outta here....

Yes I AM a big boy!
Since Jace's fever was still returning tonight before bed I called my mom to see if she could come tomorrow after Jace's appt to watch him. Justin and I are VERY VERY lucky to work for an incredible company that is so caring and flexible to allow us to take care of our family. We have been blessed in so many ways and that is a major blessing! Justin and I were talking about that earlier.....any other job I probably would have been asked to quit or been fired with all the time I have had to miss with Jace. I hate to think about how other parents struggle balancing a career with a company that doesn't value family and a child that requires more attention than others. It would break my heart to have to choose between my job and my family. Oh it just breaks my heart for those that do. Another major blessing is my mom. She is always here to help out when we need her. That is another thought that is sad - daughters that don't have their mothers to turn to in their journey in motherhood. Thank you mom!

I have to end on a good note - I didn't see any seizures today! Even though Jace slept most of the day I am still thankful for another good seizure day.

No comments: